Turner waived by the Dolphins | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turner waived by the Dolphins

Who were the great running backs on the New England Patriots, or the Kansas City Chiefs, or the Philadelphia Eagles, or the Denver Broncos when they won the Super Bowl. Sure, it's important to have some balance, but it isn't necessary to have a high priced running back. It's more important to have a offense with an ability to run the ball, and for the most part, a good offensive line can achieve that goal.
We not n.e, kc or denver.. kc got weapon all over field. Rb is not that important on that team..

while I don't disagree, for some strange reason good RBs and good OL seem to go together.

...ya know this is really the absolute critical point! There are a few RBs that can make +stuff

happen almost on their own. And historically a very few super rare QBs. But for the most part

when you evaluate a player -- you have to include the surrounding cast as a significant factor

in their "individual" evaluation. For example, we just drafted a kid @QB and everyone with

any intellectual honestly at ALL will admit his surrounding cast (OL of course included)

contributed mightily to his stats etc. Beyond that there's a difference for a RB specifically

to be operating behind an "average function OL" and the mess we had for most of last year.

To this day (another example) that's a indisputable core factor when "evaluating" Rosen.

For longtime Miami fans -- I don't think Larry Csonka had much wiggle and basically ran

in a straight line to an anticipated hole. Kinda think Little Langer Kooh &Co. contributed

positively to Larry's HOF career. And on and on ad nauseam the point goes...

I think peope are somehow drawing a strange conclusion. Just becaue some teams have won without having the superior running back doesn't mean they are better off without the superior back. For example the Chiefs won the Super Bowl with Williams but I'm sure if they had a choice between Williams and McCafferey or Kamera they would take the better back and not be worse off because of it. Or the Patriots won the 2018 Super Bowl with Michel and Burkhead, but I'm sure they would hgave traded either back for Derreck Henry in a heart beat.

...one thing about Ballage you cut him and he's snagged instantly.

Physically the man is gifted. I'd bet the staff wouldn't mind seeing

him get some work behind a competent OL. If he's still averaging

10 inches per carry with good blocking --- well you'll know

for sure he blows!

My opinion. Of course.

BNF
All I have to say about Ballage is that I hope those physical gifts get him on the field next season...for the opposing team.

I think peope are somehow drawing a strange conclusion. Just becaue some teams have won without having the superior running back doesn't mean they are better off without the superior back. For example the Chiefs won the Super Bowl with Williams but I'm sure if they had a choice between Williams and McCafferey or Kamera they would take the better back and not be worse off because of it. Or the Patriots won the 2018 Super Bowl with Michel and Burkhead, but I'm sure they would hgave traded either back for Derreck Henry in a heart beat.
I'm being hyperbolic here, but you could say the same thing about having a better long snapper.

Better is better, we all agree. But this isn't really relevant to the discussion of exactly how important a RB is in 2020.

All I have to say about Ballage is that I hope those physical gifts get him on the field next season...for the opposing team.

Nice. Did he do something to your woman or..?

:lol:

As long as he's part of the team ------------ I choose to support the kid.

Hard to believe we have another rookie poster posting negative junk.

IMO.

I'm being hyperbolic here, but you could say the same thing about having a better long snapper.

Better is better, we all agree. But this isn't really relevant to the discussion of exactly how important a RB is in 2020.

Yes but some seem to be taking the stance that teams should strive for the lesser/average back over the great back because it leads to more success that having a good back, as if those teams are winning championships because they didn't have talent at the postion instead of they won titles despite not having top flight talent at the position.

...ya know this is really the absolute critical point! There are a few RBs that can make +stuff

happen almost on their own. And historically a very few super rare QBs. But for the most part

when you evaluate a player -- you have to include the surrounding cast as a significant factor

in their "individual" evaluation. For example, we just drafted a kid @QB and everyone with

any intellectual honestly at ALL will admit his surrounding cast (OL of course included)

contributed mightily to his stats etc. Beyond that there's a difference for a RB specifically

to be operating behind an "average function OL" and the mess we had for most of last year.

To this day (another example) that's a indisputable core factor when "evaluating" Rosen.

For longtime Miami fans -- I don't think Larry Csonka had much wiggle and basically ran

in a straight line to an anticipated hole. Kinda think Little Langer Kooh &Co. contributed

positively to Larry's HOF career. And on and on ad nauseam the point goes...
This is one argument I've never liked in this discussion. Obviously an offensive line consisting of 5 players will be more important to your running game than a single RB.

But is anyone going to argue that your Right Guard is more important to your running game than your RB?

Yes but some seem to be taking the stance that teams should strive for the lesser/average back over the great back because it leads to more success that having a good back, as if those teams are winning championships because they didn't have talent at the postion instead of they won titles despite not having top flight talent at the position.
I don't think anyone is saying that.

What some are saying is that, while having the traditional "bellcow" back is fine, but there aren't that many around, and even if you happen to draft one, what it costs to keep him outways the advantage, given their propensity to break down, or become injured.

You can say you don't agree, but let me ask you this. How many elite backs are there in the league who have carried the whole load, without injury, for more than 3 seasons? It's also much easier to maintain offensive continuity when a guy goes down if the RB duties are spread out.

There are a few, but it is a short list. There are reasons most teams use multiple backs situationally, rather than a single back 80% of the time, and that they aren't valued like in the past.

Nice. Did he do something to your woman or..?

As long as he's part of the team ------------ I choose to support the kid.

Hard to believe we have another rookie poster posting negative junk.

IMO.
It has more to do with the fact that I'm pretty sure he's recorded a total of 3 broken tackles in his career. I know in 2018 he ranked last (86 out of 86) in broken tackle percentage. Don't have the numbers for last year but they aren't good.

Sorry, but I'm not a homer and I attempt to evaluate players objectively.

And it's honestly very amusing that you are attacking me for being a "rookie." I have been posting on this site longer than you. I got sick with a very serious neurological condition while in school 5 years ago. I have begun to recover, which is why I have begun posting again. But I no longer have access to the school email I registered with, so I couldn't reset my password (I'm not even 100% sure I have my old username correct. Five years of brain inflammation can do a number on your memory). It has been years since I've posted, so I decided just to make a new account and not deal with any hassle.

So now that you know the pecking order, I'm assuming you'll give me the respect I deserve for simply being here longer. But thanks for the warm welcome back.

Last edited:
Obtaining a great back is easier than either keeping a great back or keeping a great back healthy.

What we've learned about concussions in the last decade makes this even more true.

The traditional attitude of play through your pain... and tough it out... was quite literally KILLING the men who ascribed to this ethos.

The game has changed... for many reasons, most of them good ones, and one of the changes states... realize that 90% of RBs are going to be one contract players.

The poor bastards are disposable.

It has more to do with the fact that I'm pretty sure he's recorded a total of 3 broken tackles in his career. I know in 2018 he ranked last (86 out of 86) in broken tackle percentage. Don't have the numbers for last year but they aren't good.

Sorry, but I'm not a homer and I attempt to evaluate players objectively.

And it's honestly very amusing that you are attacking me for being a "rookie." I have been posting on this site longer than you. I got sick with a very serious neurological condition while in school 5 years ago. I have begun to recover, which is why I have begun posting again. But I no longer have access to the school email I registered with, so I couldn't reset my password (I'm not even 100% sure I have my old username correct. Five years of brain inflammation can do a number on your memory). It has been years since I've posted, so I decided just to make a new account and not deal with any hassle.

So now that you know the pecking order, I'm assuming you'll give me the respect I deserve for simply being here longer. But thanks for the warm welcome back.

Dude -- you perceived an attack! Really??? I would think after dealing with your " neurological condition"
silly internet stuff would be no biggie. For the record --- I made a positive post about a Miami Dolphins player
and you came along as a member since April 11th 2020 and trashed him (or should I say -- ATTACKED him)!

You wants folks to know your "history," --- then what was your handle? I mean add credibility to your
story. The only legit info people have on a forum like this is your actual posting history. Sounds like
you have an extensive one?

Have fun.

>>> hereby ignored!

Dude -- you perceived an attack! Really??? I would think after dealing with your " neurological condition"
silly internet stuff would be no biggie. For the record --- I made a positive post about a Miami Dolphins player
and you came along as a member since April 11th 2020 and trashed him (or should I say -- ATTACKED him)!

You wants folks to know your "history," --- then what was your handle? I mean add credibility to your
story. The only legit info people have on a forum like this is your actual posting history. Sounds like
you have an extensive one?

Have fun.

>>> hereby ignored!
Hey, it's your old friend TheRevoltingBlob. I was able to guess my old password.

I come in peace. Feel free to think attack was a too strong a word, but I don't like when people are dismissive of posters simply bc they are new. A new poster has just as much right as an old poster to express a negative opinion about a player.

I have an opinion. You have an opinion. Neither is more valid based on Finheaven posting history. If u check, u you can see my posting history was not very extensive.

Feel free to ignore this account too if u want, but you are very right about one thing. After dealing with what I went through, this silly internet stuff is no biggie. So I don't plan on bothering you either way (unless u count this).

Have a good one

Last edited:
Hey, it's your old friend TheRevoltingBlob. I was able to guess my old password.

I come in peace. Feel free to think attack was a too strong a word, but I don't like when people are dismissive of posters simply bc they are new. A new poster has just as much right as an old poster to speak negatively about a player.

I have an opinion. You have an opinion. Neither is more valid based on Finheaven posting history. If u check, u you can see my posting history was not very extensive.

Feel free to ignore this account too if u want, but you are very right about one thing. After dealing with what I went through, this silly internet stuff is no biggie. So I don't plan on bothering you either way (unless u count this).

Have a good one

Charlie, seems your history's been scrubbed.

1 posting since 2009?

Dang!

You really think the Chiefs win without Damien Williams? Put him on any team...instant contender.
Do you really think Damien Williams is that special? Hell, the Chiefs don't even think he is that special. They just drafted a running back in the first round. And, what are they paying Williams any way? Close to nothing by NFL standards. The drop-off from elite level play at running back to acceptable level play at the position barely moves the needle when it comes to the level of success a team is capable of achieving.

Back
Top Bottom