Turnovers!!!!!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Turnovers!!!!!!!!!!!

sleek

$$UNDERDOG$$
Reaction score
Turnovers are critical to the outcome of the game.Turnovers kill a teams momentum, wears out the defense, and gives the other team control of the clock. In 83 games Daunte has 89 ints and in 83 games he has 83 fumbles.How can a team be successful with this turnover rate? He has done this his entire career. Ball protection is a basic fundamental. IMO this problem is causing the team to lose confidence in themselves. The QB position is a leadership role turnovers impact the rest of the team in a negative domino effect. Irealize turnovers are gonna happen, but there is no way ateam can afford to give the ball away twice(DC ave.= 1fum & 1int.per game) every game and expect to win.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, I'm just curious. Of those 83 fumbles, do you know how many are lost fumbles? Because he fumbled the ball twice in the game yesterday, but Miami recovered both of them.

I think you miss understood the fumbles culpepper only lost 36 of those fumbles, so that is only 36 turnovers from fumbling... still alot, but he also has 136 passingTd's & 29 Rushing TD's so he he would have 125 Turnovers & 165 TD's which is about 1.3 TD to TO ratio... Not Great, but not terrible...

Dolphinz d Irealize not all were lost, but a fumbles a fumble who recovers it is luck.Its to risky to present that opportunity every game.IMO there is no such thing as a good fumble unless it comes from yur opponent.

sleek said:
Dolphinz d Irealize not all were lost, but a fumbles a fumble who recovers it is luck.Its to risky to present that opportunity every game.

Yeah, I agree. Much was made in Minnesota about the fact that Culpepper's hands are a little on the small side, perhaps leading to a lot of fumbles. Miami knew that before they traded for him, and now they have to deal with it accordingly.

Fumbles if recovered by the Offense can still hurt the team. To go from a 2nd and 7 and fumble to go to 3rd and 16 kills a drive especially when its deep in your own half. Then to have a fumble again next play and then go to a 4th and 34 from our own 12yd line is a killer.

Back
Top Bottom