Two Dolphins Udfas Named To Daniel Jeremiah's Undrafted All-star Team | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Dolphins Udfas Named To Daniel Jeremiah's Undrafted All-star Team

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
usatsi_11157484.jpg

Undrafted All-Star Team (highest rated)
EDGE C. Granderson Wyoming
EDGE M. Carney UNC
DT G. Willis Miami
DT D. Wise Kansas
LB T. Hanks NMST
LB T. Coney ND
LB G. Johnson Texas
CB M. Fields Clemson
CB H. Cheevers BC
CB M. Hartage NW
S M. Grant Marshall
S E. Worthington Colorado

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) May 10, 2019

Neither of Miami’s headlining rookies on offense — WR Preston Williams or OG Shaq Calhoun — made the cut. But linebacker Terrill Hanks and CB Montre Hartage did. Both will actually have a strong opportunity to make the 2019 Miami Dolphins, too.

https://dolphinswire.usatoday.com/2...-to-daniel-jeremiahs-undrafted-all-star-team/

Funny cause I think Williams is by far the most talented guy of the UDFA's we got.
Him and by all accounts (I'm no OL expert) Calhoun are the 2 best. These 2 defenders mentioned aren't imo. In fact nobody has really hyped that CB that ive seen

If we were, somehow, able to find a couple "diamonds" amongst the rubble, it would go a long way towards fielding a good, if not yet great defense.

Lord knows we can use another competent corner, as well as a pass rusher that can win 1 on 1 situations.

I really like Hanks. Just think Williams at WR is better than hanks is at LB but we'll see. I can see both of them making the team.

Him and by all accounts (I'm no OL expert) Calhoun are the 2 best. These 2 defenders mentioned aren't imo. In fact nobody has really hyped that CB that ive seen

Well, he was projected to be a 5-7 rounder by most with just a simple Google search. No one thinks a team will get an UDFA with a day one or two grade unless there are serious character or injury concerns. Here we have Daniel Jeremiah who is, in fact, hyping these two players as UDFA's.

The best is Preston Williams.

Terrill Hanks, Jonathan Ledbetter, Shaq Calhoun, Patrick Laird, and Aaron Monteiro are all compelling.

Intrigued with Wes Farnsworth, Rob Rolle, and Cory Thomas athletically, but haven’t watched them.

The staff seem most excited about Preston Williams, Jonathan Ledbetter, and Shaq Calhoun in terms of pure talent and prospects.

Ledbetter seems to have a great chance at defensive end. Miami is seriously lacking there. As it currently stands, Wilkins will get a lot of snaps at DE.

Adam Engroff lit up like a Christmas tree talking about Jonathan Ledbetter so you could tell he and the staff were all very high on him. High recruit that could’ve gone anywhere, played in the SEC, etc.

And Preston Williams was the same sort of no-brainer to the staff if they were comfortable giving him the second chance. Former five star, which is meaningful to the staff. Lengthy, great body adjuster, big play maker.

Matt Winston seemed really excited about Shaq Calhoun. Said you really don’t see a guy like him undrafted very often. Three year starter in the SEC, went to an All Star, went to and crushed the Combine, won the Iron Dog award at Miss State for weight room work, was on leadership council, etc.

Regardless of what’s going on with the roster and depth chart, which dictates the opportunities available, these guys are the talents the staff are really excited about.

I think they all run into a bit of luck, personally. I don’t think Miami has a particularly strong candidate for 5th WR. I like Reece Horn a lot. Brice Butler has NFL experience to go with size and athleticism. But neither are strong obstacles. Certainly the guard position is messed up enough that Shaq Calhoun could even find himself starting. And Miami only have basically two suitable Big DEs like Ledbetter.

Adam Engroff lit up like a Christmas tree talking about Jonathan Ledbetter so you could tell he and the staff were all very high on him. High recruit that could’ve gone anywhere, played in the SEC, etc.

And Preston Williams was the same sort of no-brainer to the staff if they were comfortable giving him the second chance. Former five star, which is meaningful to the staff. Lengthy, great body adjuster, big play maker.

Matt Winston seemed really excited about Shaq Calhoun. Said you really don’t see a guy like him undrafted very often. Three year starter in the SEC, went to an All Star, went to and crushed the Combine, won the Iron Dog award at Miss State for weight room work, was on leadership council, etc.

Regardless of what’s going on with the roster and depth chart, which dictates the opportunities available, these guys are the talents the staff are really excited about.

I think they all run into a bit of luck, personally. I don’t think Miami has a particularly strong candidate for 5th WR. I like Reece Horn a lot. Brice Butler has NFL experience to go with size and athleticism. But neither are strong obstacles. Certainly the guard position is messed up enough that Shaq Calhoun could even find himself starting. And Miami only have basically two suitable Big DEs like Ledbetter.
CK, what are Ledbetter's traits that could lead to him making the team? The LB Watson, was apparently headed to Washington, but signed with Miami. He seems like a player that could have been drafted? What's your take?

Hartages movement skills looked more safety than corner to me at the combine

Not to mention that 4.7 timed speed

Tre Watson, Jonathan Ledbetter and Preston Williams were the 3 most talented to me. Watson was an underrated prospect to me even when he was at Illinois prior to Maryland.

I never saw it with Calhoun at all. I’m not surprised he went undrafted. Count me in as the one that doesn’t subscribe to the hype.

Former five star, which is meaningful to the staff.

I'm glad we have a staff that understands the importance of that type of thing. Stealing upside. It won't necessarily point to a specific player to break out and surprise, but if you apply the philosophy often enough there will be examples of that.

I can almost guarantee they wouldn't have been as interested in Josh Rosen is he were some 3-star afterthought who happened to catch a weak quarterback situation at UCLA and did well for a few seasons.

I pushed that 5-star and early evaluation stuff as soon as I joined this site, Reminds me of screen passes. Awful plays, especially on third down, but nobody wanted to accept it for a long time.

Shaq Calhoun was 2 star. Tough guy. Better than Asiata but that's as far as I'll go.

Hungry guy's with a chip on their shoulders who if they buy into the system and do things right could stick for a short time.

Great points, CK. I was also thinking Calhoun has a shot to start, which may say more about where Miami is at right guard than his talent. Ledbetter could find starting time as well. Right now, his competition is Harris and Tank Carradine.

Back
Top Bottom