Two Dolphins Udfas Named To Daniel Jeremiah's Undrafted All-star Team | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Dolphins Udfas Named To Daniel Jeremiah's Undrafted All-star Team

Given Preston Williams off field issues its going to be very hard for him to get any kind of preseason recognition in this day and age.

What will happen with our luck is he will play his way into our top 3 and then he will promptly celebrate by doing something stupid off the field and we will cut him.

Almost expected

What will happen with our luck is he will play his way into our top 3 and then he will promptly celebrate by doing something stupid off the field and we will cut him.

Almost expected

Probably. Of course with this weak roster its all about player development to me this year. If that doesn't happen regardless of roster talent then we are doomed to fail under Flores even with a talented roster.
I asked Slimm this about why it appears our free agent class this year as well as our draft picks?
Did we just get lucky or we getting better in certain area's. Our 2 oline picks this year for example are not looking so strong at the moment.

No Williams makes me instantly think. ...they know zilch. So I disregarded reading any further. My team has Preston Williams. Those players on that list had better be All Pro if they missed Williams. Logic dictates my thought pattern.

No Williams makes me instantly think. ...they know zilch. So I disregarded reading any further. My team has Preston Williams. Those players on that list had better be All Pro if they missed Williams. Logic dictates my thought pattern.

Articulated like a Vulcan!

Perhaps the UDFA offensive team will be released later. Looks like Jeremiah only posted his defensive team.

Adam Engroff lit up like a Christmas tree talking about Jonathan Ledbetter so you could tell he and the staff were all very high on him. High recruit that could’ve gone anywhere, played in the SEC, etc.

And Preston Williams was the same sort of no-brainer to the staff if they were comfortable giving him the second chance. Former five star, which is meaningful to the staff. Lengthy, great body adjuster, big play maker.

Matt Winston seemed really excited about Shaq Calhoun. Said you really don’t see a guy like him undrafted very often. Three year starter in the SEC, went to an All Star, went to and crushed the Combine, won the Iron Dog award at Miss State for weight room work, was on leadership council, etc.

Regardless of what’s going on with the roster and depth chart, which dictates the opportunities available, these guys are the talents the staff are really excited about.

I think they all run into a bit of luck, personally. I don’t think Miami has a particularly strong candidate for 5th WR. I like Reece Horn a lot. Brice Butler has NFL experience to go with size and athleticism. But neither are strong obstacles. Certainly the guard position is messed up enough that Shaq Calhoun could even find himself starting. And Miami only have basically two suitable Big DEs like Ledbetter.
Hey CK, I've not heard anything negative about Preston Williams character-wise since we signed him. Our of curiosity, have you heard anything good or bad about his behavior off the field?

It's nice to be excited about the combination of coaching and front office cooperation. Maybe we found a couple diamonds in the rough, lord knows this team needs real players for a change.

Hey CK, I've not heard anything negative about Preston Williams character-wise since we signed him. Our of curiosity, have you heard anything good or bad about his behavior off the field?

Only good. A constant flow of it, too. And I'm talking about off the field. We've obviously seen and heard about all the good that's been happening on the field with him.

Almost expected

Man, I bet you're a happening time at parties. A real HOOTS...

Only good. A constant flow of it, too. And I'm talking about off the field. We've obviously seen and heard about all the good that's been happening on the field with him.

Really hope the kid makes it. He'll have a great opportunity, if he keeps this up, to take care of his family financially.

My sense is he's getting into a phase where he's stacking successes on top of one another, and he's encouraged by all of it, still hungry for more. The real pit fall for him will be when something knocks him down. Will he get discouraged and lose focus?

Granted, can't get more knocked down than falling out of the draft altogether. But what happens when he starts taking some physical hurts?

Wouldn't mean much either way. It's not uncommon for 'troubled' players to stay in control for season or until adversity prompts an emotional response. Not saying PW is THAT guy - only that it's way to early to get a good reading

Fantastic to hear! Thanks CK!

Wouldn't mean much either way. It's not uncommon for 'troubled' players to stay in control for season or until adversity prompts an emotional response. Not saying PW is THAT guy - only that it's way to early to get a good reading
Well it means something to me. I've also heard plenty of times where guys who claimed to have turned over a new leaf … can't quite pull it off and are up to their old tricks pretty quickly. If Preston Williams can get out of this pre-season without negative character incidents, I'm certainly in favor of us giving him a chance to prove himself. If it is only about ability on the field, I think we can all agree he has shown enough to get some quality reps during this obvious rebuilding season.

Note: I was never in favor of Brandon Marshall, whose track record was very bad, and who couldn't really keep his act together for a year. I was in the minority for my view as most saw his talent as all-cleansing, whereas his attitude proved a team cancer and he eventually had to go. So, when I'm advocating giving Preston Williams a chance … this comes from a person who genuinely cares about character, not just talent.

Back
Top Bottom