Two Draft Situations. Trade picks and Cam Newton. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Draft Situations. Trade picks and Cam Newton.

Pompy

Starter
Reaction score
If we don't get Tua at 5 we may want to trade pick 5 and 39 for picks 9 and 20 from Jacksonville. It works about evenly on the Trade Value Chart. Second, maybe Carolina trade Cam Newton to Dolphins to switch picks 5 and 7. We would have to do a real thorough Physical and see how healthy he is. Just a couple of possible ways to go.

Heard Cam Newton interviewed the other day. Sounds like he is staying in Carolina. He was excited by the new coaching appointments and has already spent time with Coach Ruhle. Also sounds like he is recovering well from his Lisfranc injury. Cam won't be on the market.

I think if you had the right pieces in place and your goal was to contend in the next 3/4 years and then look for a new qb of the future than Cam would be an option. I don't think he should be an option for Miami.

Bottom line is this. We all have idea but coach must win to keep his job in nfl.. bring Cam on board would help but he need help.. Ol, DE, CB.. we could at leased be at Bill's level..

Bottom line is this. We all have idea but coach must win to keep his job in nfl.. bring Cam on board would help but he need help.. Ol, DE, CB.. we could at leased be at Bill's level..wildcard team maybe

If we don't get Tua at 5 we may want to trade pick 5 and 39 for picks 9 and 20 from Jacksonville. It works about evenly on the Trade Value Chart. Second, maybe Carolina trade Cam Newton to Dolphins to switch picks 5 and 7. We would have to do a real thorough Physical and see how healthy he is. Just a couple of possible ways to go.

But...

...why?

I think Miami should explore every possibility when it comes to the quarterback position. In the end, I think the draft is the best way to go but that's my opinion. My first choice would be Tua if he's healthy, which is looking positive for him right now.

Really would like to see Miami get what's coming to them at #5 vs. Trading down with that particular selection. There are a bevy of exciting impact players that would be valued additions. Our roster needs elite talent everywhere right now.

Cam Newton is an intuiging option dependent on your own respective opinion of him. Is he washed? Is he still elite? Is he worth the compensation it would take for Carolina to let him go?What would compensation would Carolina expect? Are we ready to allocate a large portion of our cap space for him with health concerns vs. a qb on a rookie contract(includes prospects w/ health concerns)?

For me personally Cam is not a fit for us at the point of our rebuild. We have a cost effective team leader/willing mentor to a young rookie qb for the next year. We are in the situation that suits us best given the current state of our franchise. First time in a long time we can say that. Things genuinely are looking up. Onward and upward.

If for some reason we miss out on Burrow, Tua and possibly Herbert I would not be bothered grabbing the 9th and 20th pick from Jacksonville. More likely we trade up though imo

1581386364726.gif

giphy.gif

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom