Two Draft Situations. Trade picks and Cam Newton. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Draft Situations. Trade picks and Cam Newton.

Oh that's ABSOLUTELY true. I was just taking issue with everyone roasting the OP. There is no FH without people posting their thoughts for people to ruminate on.

But, for us to for a second to think what we're saying on here matters to the team, is probably at best 50% false. Do they have employees that scan these sites to at least get a pulse? I would wholly believe so. However, do our thoughts in any way shape their decisions? Probably not. I remember putting a bag over my head at Dolphins HC to get them to for Cam Cameron LOL.
We do have a couple of posters here with some inside connections and they both post on VIP. but yes, at the end of the day we have no say. At the same time people should be able to state their opinion about our team. That's what the board is for and nobody's right 100% of the time.

If it was the Can Newton of three or four years ago I would have no problem with trading for him. After his injuries and just the fact he is older, I wouldn‘t offer any more than a 4th round draft pick him. There is no way I would give up a first round pick for him.

If we don't get Tua at 5 we may want to trade pick 5 and 39 for picks 9 and 20 from Jacksonville. It works about evenly on the Trade Value Chart. Second, maybe Carolina trade Cam Newton to Dolphins to switch picks 5 and 7. We would have to do a real thorough Physical and see how healthy he is. Just a couple of possible ways to go.
I'm all set on Cam Newton!! Les franc is no joke!! Hard pass for me.

I know the bears have said that Mitchel is their "guy" but he makes the most sense going to Chicago. Think that Cam in Nagy's system would produce well enough to make them a legit NFC contender. No team rebuilding is going to take him on IMO, health and desire are part of it but especially in Miami he doesn't fit the culture.

Between the TNT wall and no one man is bigger than the rest, Flo has shown big personalities the door when they didn't buy in, Cam doesn't strike me as a running to the TNT wall being quiet and solely focused on football kind of player at this point. He has played hurt yes but never really handled adversity well, and 2020 for Miami will be filled with it.

I don’t understand all these QB ideas folks are coming up with. Why spend ay more money there? To me there are 3 scenarios, I’m not interested in anything else.

1. Draft rookie he starts right away.
2. Draft rookie but he’s not ready and Rosen beats out Fitz to keep the seat warm until the rookie is ready.
3. Draft rookie He’s not ready and Fitz keeps the seat warm until he’s ready.

We’re not competing for Super Bowl in 2020 there is no need to waste any more money on the QB spot.

4. If no "top" QB is worth drafting at #5, roll with Fitz and Rosen while rebuilding the trenches.

4. If no "top" QB is worth drafting at #5, roll with Fitz and Rosen while rebuilding the trenches.
Dolphins are in tough spot.. when come to qb. Rosen or fitz will not be here in 2021

I like to keep things simple. Stay at 5 and draft Tua there. Use all the other picks to build a team around him. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I would LOVE to stay at #5 and get Tua but it's really feeling like Tua is going to be the #3 pick by someone. Maybe even #2. If we stay at #5 our choices are Love or Herbert. As much as I hate to say it, Tuas too good of a prospect to slide this far I'm afraid.

Back
Top Bottom