Two interesting factoids | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two interesting factoids

DrAstroZoom

Bon vivant
Reaction score
Factoid #1: Ricky Williams is the first Heisman Trophy winner EVER to play for the Dolphins. :eek:

Factoid #2: For those who say, "It's just the Lions," bear this in mind: 49 points is the most the Dolphins have scored since 1995. In those seven years (a few of which were in the Marino era), I'm sure we've faced teams as bad as -- or worse than -- the Lions. Solid players + a great game plan = plenty of points, no matter who your opponent is. :bling:

I agree. The Lions suck bad. But, we have played some pretty bad teams in the past and we usually win 17-14 with a great defensive play to stop the 2-10 team from winning.

Anyone that can't see the difference between that and the offense yesterday is just blind.

I just wouldn't count on 49 points every week...

Also the D has to tighten it up more...giving up 21 to Detroit...:rolleyes: But still it was nice to see the Phins do one thing with 49 points on the board that was hard to do with Marino...WIN...

I'm not worried so much about the D, as most of Detroit's scoring came in garbage time. Next week will be an excellent test.

Garbage time or not.....an 11 play drive, a 14 play drive, and a seven play drive, all ending in touchdowns, is not good.
We got zero pressure on the QB from the outside(although O-Gunz did flush McMahon right to Chester for that sack).....we should have ended the day with seven sacks against this team....it's not like they were looking to run all day....we knew they were going to pass, and still no pressure.....I'm slightly worried about this. We'll get some answers next week. I just hope they are the right ones.

Wouldn't it just suck to finally have a great offense only to find out the defense has unravelled while we weren't looking?!!!???

The defense and the topic as well.

Originally posted by inFINSible

Wouldn't it just suck to finally have a great offense only to find out the defense has unravelled while we weren't looking?!!!???

Well, actually the problem area was as it's been the last year or two...that middle part of the field where teams burn us with that midrange pass ...thats gonna be the key for our D, shoring that up and not allowing it as often against more quality teams.

As far as the Lions scoring....well that one TD was a given to them... that pass interference call. There were alot of guys (Phin fans) at the pub saying he looked back, but I think the call was legitimate, he(can't remember if it was Madison or Surtain) had his hands in contact before he turned it seemed.

And as to the original topic and the comment about our offensive power, I totally agree....I just think we have so many weapons this year, it's going to be an incredibly daunting task for ANY D to shut us down. There's just to much out there.... and Norv prob didn't even dig into his bag of plays that much yesterday..... I have a feeling we are going to be seeing alot more.

I am truly excited...not because of 49 points, but because I just don't have any doubt in total offensive ability for the first time since Marino and the Marx Brothers...and even then we didn't have a running back....and San Fran showed us then. This year , tho we don't have Dan, we have a unit.

clear.gif

Well, actually the problem area was as it's been the last year or two...that middle part of the field where teams burn us with that midrange pass ...thats gonna be the key for our D, shoring that up and not allowing it as often against more quality teams.

Getting a good passrush from the D-line will take care of this problem. IMO.

I agree... where is the pass rush? We give QB's way to much time to throw... this is the NFL. if you give a NFL qb enough time he will find a seam somewhere... When our pass d was at it's best was when JT and Trace were forcing qb's to make bad throws too early.

LIONS or Nol LIONS, the fact is that they are an NFL team, and scoring 49 points doesn't just happen because you played a poor team, they had to be some sort of great play calling and great plays for it to happen. Also I'll take 27 firsts downs any day of the week.

I always say you score 49 points in the NFL..you got a good O...this is the best of the NFL in the country and no team should really let that happen..but come time to time it can happen...but you must have a good team to exploit another team weakness..the Dolphins O is good or otherwise they wouldn't have score that many points.

MD ... your marching animation freaks me out. I have to shake myself to stop staring at it. Creepy.

As long as they continue to attack on offense and put points on the board...Never again will we sit on the lead...For the first time in 5 years the O is better than the D...:evil:

Last year the Rams scored 35 points against the Lions. So when you score 49 points against the same team(which didn't change much in the offseason), you had a good day on offense.

Back
Top Bottom