TWO KEYS to the Jets game: | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TWO KEYS to the Jets game:

-81- McMichael

Active Roster
Reaction score
Key #1:

PRESSURE Vinny. This is the game for JT to get himself 2 or 3 sacks. For that matter, this is the game for the whole D to pick up 5 or 6 sacks as a unit. Also, putting pressure on the qb will force turnovers. So even if we don't get the sacks, hurrying up the pass and recording 3 more INT's would be GREAT! :D

But in one word: PRESSURE!!! (Last week's defensive strategy will NOT work this week.)

Key #2:

Tear up the skies, Fiedler! TEAR IT UP!!! :fire:

This is the game where Fiedler, Chambers, Ward and McMichael need to kick it into HIGH GEAR. The Jets secondary is vulnerable... so let's exploit it, dammit!

And, yes, Ricky should still pound the ball for 100 + yards. But what I'm saying is that the play action pass has to get WORKED! We MUST drive the stake through the heart of this "GREEN MONSTER!"

My .02!

GO 'PHINS!!!

Regarding Ogun...

Man, I certainly hope so... and I see NO REASON why not. The Jets offensive line is starting to look like a liability.

One thing that I didn't mention... Curtis Martin must be "contained". Shutting him out for a third straight week isn't even necessary. If we keep him around 50 - 60 yards, I think that's fine. Hell, even under 100 would do. But letting him break out the long run could easily spell either a MOMENTUM SHIFTER or, worse, a BACK BREAKER.

Really, the bottom line is that we have to KICK THIS TEAM'S ASS!!!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

My aren't we passionate today..but I agree..we must exorcise this demon this Sunday. we're 2-0 but 0-0 in our division..this will start us off right to beat this team.

Just a win won't do either. If this team squeaks by the Jets, there will be celebration, but where is the confidence in that? If they just rip that team apart and toss them into the Pacific, that will give them the confidence they will need for the rest of the season......

Yea, well, hopefully they'll jump in themselves after we kick their, and their grandma's, asses......

I disagree somewhat with the need for a blowout. Even if we have a "Coltesque" game, i.e., score big early, then hang on for dear life, we'll still have ended that damn Streak --- the most definitive proof yet that this team is, indeed, different.

Originally posted by inFINSible
ummm....we play on the ATLANTIC coast.....LOL.

:lol: :lol: My bad!

This is what being a full time college student does to you. Makes you forget the easy stuff......

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom
I disagree somewhat with the need for a blowout. Even if we have a "Coltesque" game, i.e., score big early, then hang on for dear life, we'll still have ended that damn Streak --- the most definitive proof yet that this team is, indeed, different.

AGREED no need for a blowout we just need a win!!!

Originally posted by BMarion31

:lol: :lol: My bad!

This is what being a full time college student does to you. Makes you forget the easy stuff......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom