Two more draft picks signed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two more draft picks signed

Rotoworld is saying the entire draft class is signed. The ones up in the air might be like the Tua one that was done a few days before and not reported until after

Is Brandon Jones a free or strong safety? could him and Rowe be a tandem and move McCain back to slot?
I think it is getting close to the point where we, as a group of fans, stop thinking about secondary positions individually, with Flores as the coach. Before long, i think it will just be the defensive backfield and the players we have will be moved around based on the specifics of the other team regardless of named positions, like free safety or nickel corner, etc.

What does Ferguson play in emergency situations? For example I think Denney was a DL if I’m not mistaken.

I think it is getting close to the point where we, as a group of fans, stop thinking about secondary positions individually, with Flores as the coach. Before long, i think it will just be the defensive backfield and the players we have will be moved around based on the specifics of the other team regardless of named positions, like free safety or nickel corner, etc.

This is an excellent point! Jones was probably the best tackling DB in the draft period. His ability to move around and having a skill set to be in the field all three downs with tackling ability makes him a very good chess piece.

When Rowe moves to safety last year I do not recall him being in the SS spot 10 yards off the line like traditional alignments, felt he just covered up the TE or was playing single high on 3/4 wide sets. So to your point guys will be put where they are needed versus in a single spot.

To beat a dead horse, Fitzpatrick I believe wanted to be at FS only or a roaming position not a cover guy who might be single high one play then playing press man the next.

Back
Top Bottom