Two Quick Questions | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Quick Questions

cunna25

Rookie
Reaction score
Guys,

Two questions one about Offence and one about Defence for those experts that walk among us.

On offense I was wondering how highly would Gus Ferrote be rated if he played behind a fantastic offensive line? They say he is an average Quarterback but how much does the line make a quarterback. Everyone says the line can make a RB.

Defense question is about the 4-3 vs 3-4. In another team it is obvious that there is the 4th LB over the 4th DL. Is the reason it is working so well for Miami the fact that Jason Taylor can actually play LB and DL so the offense never really knows which package we are lining up in? I have downloaded a couple of games and I can't tell which package we are in but it may be my ignorance.

Thanks

cunna25 said:
Guys,

Two questions one about Offence and one about Defence for those experts that walk among us.

On offense I was wondering how highly would Gus Ferrote be rated if he played behind a fantastic offensive line? They say he is an average Quarterback but how much does the line make a quarterback. Everyone says the line can make a RB.

Defense question is about the 4-3 vs 3-4. In another team it is obvious that there is the 4th LB over the 4th DL. Is the reason it is working so well for Miami the fact that Jason Taylor can actually play LB and DL so the offense never really knows which package we are lining up in? I have downloaded a couple of games and I can't tell which package we are in but it may be my ignorance.

Thanks

OK, here I go.....
The offensive line is coming along great. They lay hits on people. As long as they do that, Ricky/Ronnie will tear it up, especially in the fourth quarter, which makes Frerrotes job much easier. Gus throws the ball away when nothing is there and is playing caretaker very well. The OL is doing a great job in pass blocking with help from the TE's and Ronnie. Max protecting is the key. That is what we have been doing and will continue to do.

DEfense I have seen 5 and 6 guys at the line at a time and then a base 4-3 towards the end of the game, which is where JT makes his plays. We show diffierent looks at certain spots in the game. There is more than just a 3-4 and a 4-3 IMO. Various variations.

Back
Top Bottom