Two RBs we can go after | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two RBs we can go after

motormouthmaz

Rookie
Reaction score
The fact we went after Bell shows our front office and coach think we can win now which is a great sign. With how the packers are playing if the Lions or Viking fall out it early, we could go after AP 4.5 yards per carry on a dreadful lions teams, or Mattison/Cook. The Viking can't keep both and you would think they need a massive rebuild on D, WR and QB. They signed Cook to a massive deal so maybe they will want to unload that seeing they could replace him with Mattison or they want to build around Cook and sell high on Mattison if we offered the Texans 2nd. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Feel like we made our bed at the position in the off season and now we have to lay in it. It's still early and maybe I'm naive but I'm still holding out hope that Howard and Brieda can develop and start to contribute on a more consistent basis. Can't see us trading picks for a dude before the deadline.

where does the idea of desperately needing a RB come from all of a sudden?

The functional word is "desperate." I have serious doubts that's close to accurate. Miami has the cap to temp many RBs. They have capital to trade. Admittedly, no one knows how many attempts they've made to get a RB, but there's been little buzz. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Flo investigates any possibility, but "desperate?" There seems to be a consensus Miami's run game is hinder by the OL, but, apparently, that can be remedied by a better RB.

For the record, I'd like a better RB, particularly a big bull. AND, I hope Miami keeps looking. But, I think this is more 'due diligence than desperation

where does the idea of desperately needing a RB come from all of a sudden?
Probably inconsistencies with running the ball. Much better than last year but each back is averaging about 3.7 ypc. Third worst in the NFL. A stud back would take some pressure off the offense. Although you put up 40 points who can complain?

The fact we went after Bell shows our front office and coach think we can win now which is a great sign. With how the packers are playing if the Lions or Viking fall of it early we could go after AP 4.5 yards per carry on a dreadful lions teams, or Mattison/Cook. the Viking can't keep both and you think they need a massive rebuild on D, WR and QB. they signed Cook to a massive deal so maybe they will want to unload that or realize they can pay two and try to get picks for Mattison while they can.
I actually like Gaskins and his effort, and Breida is getting ready to make a big splash, I just have that feeling watching him accelerate. However, the corpse of Jordan Howard is screaming to be replaced. Maybe take a look at Gus Edwards in Baltimore

Gaskin's YPC is better than Christian McCaffrey, Derrick Henry, Joe Mixon, Josh Jacobs, and Kenyan Drake. So take those guys off your list.

The fact we went after Bell shows our front office and coach think we can win now which is a great sign. With how the packers are playing if the Lions or Viking fall out it early, we could go after AP 4.5 yards per carry on a dreadful lions teams, or Mattison/Cook. The Viking can't keep both and you would think they need a massive rebuild on D, WR and QB. They signed Cook to a massive deal so maybe they will want to unload that seeing they could replace him with Mattison or they want to build around Cook and sell high on Mattison if we offered the Texans 2nd. Thoughts?

I can't see the Vikings trading Cook. They want to build around him. They will look to upgrade at QB before trading Cook. I don't want an aging AP either. I think the best course of action is for the Dolphins to draft a RB in this upcoming draft. I'm still pissed they didn't draft Dobbins this past draft.

I think it was a shot given the unique circumstances but I doubt we trade for a back. Even w our underwhelming backfield, we are scoring points. No need to throw draft picks away.

I don't think trading value (assuming equal value trade) for a running back is a good idea. Not only because RBs typically start to decline around 27/28 y/o but also because RB seems to be one of the easier positions for rookies/young players to make an immediate impact.

As for winning now, I think Flores and Grier are always looking to win now but not to the point of making poor investments or giving away value that is much needed to continue to rebuild this team going forward. Also while our running game leaves a lot to be desired, I think it looks at least moderately better than last year.

Back
Top Bottom