Two RBs we can go after | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two RBs we can go after

The fact we went after Bell shows our front office and coach think we can win now which is a great sign. With how the packers are playing if the Lions or Viking fall out it early, we could go after AP 4.5 yards per carry on a dreadful lions teams, or Mattison/Cook. The Viking can't keep both and you would think they need a massive rebuild on D, WR and QB. They signed Cook to a massive deal so maybe they will want to unload that seeing they could replace him with Mattison or they want to build around Cook and sell high on Mattison if we offered the Texans 2nd. Thoughts?
Strongly doubt it. They need those picks at the draft for possible maneuvering and addressing needs that present themselves in the offseason etc. The Bell situation was very unique. Talented guy comes available for no compensation other than $$, you have to consider it strongly and evidently many well-run teams did. You can always find RBs, be it the draft or free agency.

I think Miami rolls with Gaskin and Breida for the most part, although neither are pounders given their size and Miami could use a guy that can really move through tackles and get those extra yards. That's next season's problem.

I definitely think they want to upgrade the position. I also don't think our starting rb is on the roster. I wish we could have drafted one early in last years draft but I do expect them to sign a FA and draft one next and be more aggressive at that position.

Gaskin is solid but never a hr threat I think there were at least 2 runs a faster back would have taken to the house and gaskin only got 15 or so

I like Mattison but I don’t see where he’s some massive upgrade over what we have.

last year yeah he would have been. This year we have gaskin and breida and both look competent to me. right now at least.

miams rb interest sounds to me more like concerns about workload possibly. As in too much on the incumbents. And I can probably see that given breidas medical history and gaskins frame.

and separate from everything else a 2nd round pick for mattison is a hard no. As in no thanks

The fact we went after Bell shows our front office and coach think we can win now which is a great sign. With how the packers are playing if the Lions or Viking fall out it early, we could go after AP 4.5 yards per carry on a dreadful lions teams, or Mattison/Cook. The Viking can't keep both and you would think they need a massive rebuild on D, WR and QB. They signed Cook to a massive deal so maybe they will want to unload that seeing they could replace him with Mattison or they want to build around Cook and sell high on Mattison if we offered the Texans 2nd. Thoughts?
No. Flat no. You don’t sign high priced RBs coming off their first contract. You draft a RB every four years or so and churn and burn them. You can find RBs in rounds 2,3,4 and 5 and get great value

35 year old AP or trading a likely top 40 pick for a backup RB who was selected 102nd overall a year ago?

Lol.... the influence of Madden.

Please please please don't trade for a rb, just draft one early in the 2nd round hopefully Harris from bama

How many high priced free agent running backs end up being worth their contract?

Somebody please post a few plays from this season by Gaskin where a “better back” would’ve run for more yards. When I watch the kid he gets every inch he can out of the mediocre run-blocking he’s been given. Same with Brieda. Howard is what he is. Gonna bull ahead for a yard or two in short yardage situations.

The Oline has greatly improved in pass blocking and is a little better in run blocking but let’s not confuse them with the Ravens or Rams run blocking. I never take a RB early. Look at D’Andre Swift and Dobbins , both basically 3rd string right now.

Back
Top Bottom