Two RBs we can go after | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two RBs we can go after

There's nothing wrong with Miami's RB situation this year that giving more touches to Matt Breida wouldn't fix - especially if we had a QB fit for the RPO portion of our playbook ready to come off the bench.

I don’t think we’re desperate for a back we already have Gaskin whose playing well and haven’t been able to get Brieda enough touches. Leveon Bell was just a unique opportunity to add a really talented player, without giving up assets or even too much money. I still think we could use a big time RB but I’m shifting my attention towards: Aaron Jones, Travis Etienne or Najee Harris

Gaskin does things vision wise and finishing wise with strength that really surprises me..

also sometimes watching him get to the corner I’m like, huh, how the hell did he get outside on that..

much better player than I gave him credit for when he was coming out..

he also has very Nice hands..

I don't think trading value (assuming equal value trade) for a running back is a good idea. Not only because RBs typically start to decline around 27/28 y/o but also because RB seems to be one of the easier positions for rookies/young players to make an immediate impact.

As for winning now, I think Flores and Grier are always looking to win now but not to the point of making poor investments or giving away value that is much needed to continue to rebuild this team going forward. Also while our running game leaves a lot to be desired, I think it looks at least moderately better than last year.
They had plenty of chances to draft a RB last year. Trading shouldn’t be necessary. No one legitimately came into this season thinking Jordan Howard would look this bad. Had he come in and looked good along with Gaskin and Breida perhaps we wouldn’t have the need for a drafted RB going forward.

The Bell thing was definitely worth chasing. Sadly he went to KC. I don’t see us making any moves for any other RB’s and will probably seek a free agent and draft a RB next year.

Would love Etienne.

I’m a najee guy but he’s got a lot of mileage on those legs in college.

taken a lot of contact.

I’m a najee guy but he’s got a lot of mileage on those legs in college.

taken a lot of contact.
So did Ingram and Henry. Still don't think Najee is a first round talent

So did Ingram and Henry. Still don't think Najee is a first round talent

probably 4.6

top 50

I don’t recall Henry or Ingram taking that much contact.

he gonna be downhill no doubt and I don’t see any reason you can’t get his rookie contract at least of high end production but I’d be weary about that 2nd contract.

I will never understand a hi level running back who goes back for their senior year..

Gaskin does things vision wise and finishing wise with strength that really surprises me..

also sometimes watching him get to the corner I’m like, huh, how the hell did he get outside on that..

much better player than I gave him credit for when he was coming out..

he also has very Nice hands..

Agree. But I think we need to add a second top notch all around back who can push the pile, has some power too.

Back
Top Bottom