Two Sleeper Late Round Prospects to Watch | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two Sleeper Late Round Prospects to Watch

NashPhin

Run the Ball. Stop the Run.
Reaction score
Bill Swancutt and Derek Anderson of Oregon State both merit a look from Saban in the 4-7 round range. Swancutt is limited athletically, but at 6'4" 270 he could probably be used as a 4-3 end or as a 3-4 situational pass-rusher. He was Pac-10 defensive co-player of the year.

Most importantly, both he and Anderson had stellar performances when OSU took LSU to overtime in Baton Rouge earlier on this season.

Anderson is a tall QB prospect with a strong arm, but is very limited athletically with little to no mobility.

Either one of these guys would be a good value in the late rounds. Swancutt, in my opinion, could really be a nice pass-rusher to move around as we switch defensive looks throughout the year.

NashPhin said:
Bill Swancutt and Derek Anderson of Oregon State both merit a look from Saban in the 4-7 round range. Swancutt is limited athletically, but at 6'4" 270 he could probably be used as a 4-3 end or as a 3-4 situational pass-rusher. He was Pac-10 defensive co-player of the year.

Most importantly, both he and Anderson had stellar performances when OSU took LSU to overtime in Baton Rouge earlier on this season.

Anderson is a tall QB prospect with a strong arm, but is very limited athletically with little to no mobility.

Either one of these guys would be a good value in the late rounds. Swancutt, in my opinion, could really be a nice pass-rusher to move around as we switch defensive looks throughout the year.

I agree, I am a Pac 10 fan and I like these guys. It would be cool if we drafted either or both of them

Swancutt will be selected between round 3 and 5. He had a great week down in Alabama for the Sr. Bowl, so I wouldn't be surprised if he was picked in the 3rd.

Anderson is lost in a QB shuffle with Dan O, Orton, Walters, Cambell, Guigulgi, Frye, Cambell, and McPherson for Middle round QBs.

here's 2 bigtime sleepers. These guys'll probably go undrafted.

Claude Sanders - DE/OLB from Fresno St.; he's quick and pretty explosive; he should be getting more attention; played DE at Fresno St. Just ran a 4.6 at his pro day. He could probably make the move to OLB, and may be best suited as a 3-4 OLB pass rusher.

Elliot Harris - DE - Arkansas - plays the run pretty well as he's pretty powerful at point of attack; has long arms that he uses well to keep defenders off. and has a good frame. I'm surprised he's not more of a prospect, but he will be signed as a FA if not drafted

I would through in that reciever from oregon state can't remmember his first name but last name was Hass. That guy is unbelievable and you don't here that much about him. Swancutt would be a great pickup but I would stay away from Anderson. He is slow. He has like enormus feet I thinking like size 22 foot size. I think he throws alot of picks but that's from memory. I haven't researched it so Mr Stat man don't jump my arse if I am wrong.

Anderson is a senior and neither of these guys are sleepers.

McPherson is as awake as a caffeinmaniac that spent all morning at Starbucks he ISNT a sleeper.

Back
Top Bottom