two things about nfl live | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

two things about nfl live

cltchperf

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They were talking about the Bengals, and it made me just think even more of how bad Spielman was. Miami has had a solid team for years with just a few pieces missing, but they consistenly had bad drafts overall. The Bengals have been a joke for years, then a change takes place and they try to improve for once. In just one year of draft picks, Cincinatti built a solid group of players, and just like that the seed was planted, from there on they have been contending with other teams. They're doing pretty good right now. From nfl.live they pointed out that their first round pick was Justin Smith, who is a pretty good DE, then (I already knew this) Chad Johnson, the 4th round they got Rudi Johnson, and on top of that for the 7th round that WR Houshmazedah guy whatever his name is that plays opposite of Chad, talk about a steal coming from the seventh. Just think if Miami had a GM/ coach that knew how to scout last year to 3 years ago. Then they got Palmer when Marvin Lewis was there. Who knows Channing Crowder is looking pretty good, Daniels has promise might take him a little time though, and maybe Roth will develop into a hell of a DE. Hopefull Saban has, and will provide that same kind of team changing draft, (in a good way).
One other thing, I don't really care to much, but it's amazing how espn analysts are such as kissers. They were talking about Cadillac of course and even mentioned how the other backs, more so towards Ronnie Brown haven't done anything, or as if Brown won't be doing much this season. What do expect though when Sclereth, Salibury, and Wingo are the anaylysts. Cadillac is a really good back, but I think Brown will be too, and if you are going to draft a running back, he better be a really good player not just a good rb, because there is such an abundance of good rbs these days. There really isn't much of a difference either between Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Rudi Johnson, the best back in the League is Ladanian Tomilson, not just because he's a great back, but becuase he's a really good player, was it two years ago that he had 100 receptions for the team, he's a complete player which Ronnie is capable of, it's just a matter of time for him.

cltchperf said:
They were talking about the Bengals, and it made me just think even more of how bad Spielman was. Miami has had a solid team for years with just a few pieces missing, but they consistenly had bad drafts overall. The Bengals have been a joke for years, then a change takes place and they try to improve for once. In just one year of draft picks, Cincinatti built a solid group of players, and just like that the seed was planted, from there on they have been contending with other teams. They're doing pretty good right now. From nfl.live they pointed out that their first round pick was Justin Smith, who is a pretty good DE, then (I already knew this) Chad Johnson, the 4th round they got Rudi Johnson, and on top of that for the 7th round that WR Houshmazedah guy whatever his name is that plays opposite of Chad, talk about a steal coming from the seventh. Just think if Miami had a GM/ coach that knew how to scout last year to 3 years ago. Then they got Palmer when Marvin Lewis was there. Who knows Channing Crowder is looking pretty good, Daniels has promise might take him a little time though, and maybe Roth will develop into a hell of a DE. Hopefull Saban has, and will provide that same kind of team changing draft, (in a good way).
One other thing, I don't really care to much, but it's amazing how espn analysts are such as kissers. They were talking about Cadillac of course and even mentioned how the other backs, more so towards Ronnie Brown haven't done anything, or as if Brown won't be doing much this season. What do expect though when Sclereth, Salibury, and Wingo are the anaylysts. Cadillac is a really good back, but I think Brown will be too, and if you are going to draft a running back, he better be a really good player not just a good rb, because there is such an abundance of good rbs these days. There really isn't much of a difference either between Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, Rudi Johnson, the best back in the League is Ladanian Tomilson, not just because he's a great back, but becuase he's a really good player, was it two years ago that he had 100 receptions for the team, he's a complete player which Ronnie is capable of, it's just a matter of time for him.

Those Bengal drafts were made by the old regime, not Marvin Lewis'.. Although Lewis has had good drafts as well..

SkapePhin said:
Those Bengal drafts were made by the old regime, not Marvin Lewis'.. Although Lewis has had good drafts as well..

I know, but I was just comparing how just a good draft can dramactically change a team(Bengals) and run another into the ground(Miami), even though they are bouncing back.

Back
Top Bottom