Two things.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Two things..

ItalianDolFan

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
My buddies and i were talking about the draft, and right now it seems much more than likely we will draft a QB with the #2 pick. The reason, i learned is this:

We learned that its hard to find a quality QB in the free agent market. After Marino, we've gone thru Fiedler, Feeley, Lucas, now Frerrote, and so far no luck, plus Frerrote will retire in 2-5 years from now. And u wont see Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady, or Michael Vick in the Free Agent market anytime soon!

We need a runningback, but runningbacks dont win championships. We have 5 RBs on our depth chart now. If our O-line improves, our running game improves. Plus, getting RBs from the Free Agent market is not a bad idea.

We could get a great receiver. But we have Chambers, Booker, Thompson, Welker, McMichael can catch too. So a receiver is not a big option. Altho id love to have Braylon. Plus, getting a receiver from FA's is an okay idea.

So with that...with the fact that we gotta stop looking for Free Agent QBs who never prove much...its probably a better idea to get a TOP QB from the draft, and hope in 3 years from now he is as good as Peyton Manning or Drew Brees, or Ben Roethlisberger...therefore QB is not a problem for us anymore. :cool:

Secondly...i learned today that San Diego's backup QB (Phillip Rivers) is making 34 million over 4 years. Im sorry, but when does a BACKUP QB make 34 million?? That sickens me:fire:

I feel like I need some medication - one day QB next day RB - LET THE DRAFT BEGIN...THIS IS HELL!!!

BLUEPHIN said:
I feel like I need some medication - one day QB next day RB - LET THE DRAFT BEGIN...THIS IS HELL!!!
:yeahthat:

Each day it seems like the draft is farther and farther away. It is exactly 4 weeks now until the draft.

We already have THREE QB's (Feeley, Frerotte, Sage)...I doubt we draft a QB with our #2 pick. We need a RB now.

Roman529 said:
We already have THREE QB's (Feeley, Frerotte, Sage)...I doubt we draft a QB with our #2 pick. We need a RB now.

dude, Sage is in the same position Minor is. a 1 year minimum deal that can easily be terminated in training camp

marino had no running game for 17 years .and how can you say a qb wins more super bowls with his arm then a running game.more qb with a running game has won more superbowls then on the arm of some qb .

Dudeman said:
dude, Sage is in the same position Minor is. a 1 year minimum deal that can easily be terminated in training camp

if we were going to draft a qb we would not have signed sage and gus both and terminate a contract well sage done signed so if miami cuts him they still have to pay him the year he signed 2005 so i see us not signing a qb it will be a rb or wr and if ricky comes back i dont know if we will sign a rb i think then we will go after a wr because we will have six rbs on our team so we still have to pay sage for the year he has signed no matter what if we cut him or not so i think we let feeley have his shot and let gus and sage back him for one year than if nothing pans out than get ourselves a qb

Dudeman said:
:yeahthat:

ItalianDolFan said:
My buddies and i were talking about the draft, and right now it seems much more than likely we will draft a QB with the #2 pick. The reason, i learned is this:

We learned that its hard to find a quality QB in the free agent market. After Marino, we've gone thru Fiedler, Feeley, Lucas, now Frerrote, and so far no luck, plus Frerrote will retire in 2-5 years from now. And u wont see Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady, or Michael Vick in the Free Agent market anytime soon!

We need a runningback, but runningbacks dont win championships. We have 5 RBs on our depth chart now. If our O-line improves, our running game improves. Plus, getting RBs from the Free Agent market is not a bad idea.

We could get a great receiver. But we have Chambers, Booker, Thompson, Welker, McMichael can catch too. So a receiver is not a big option. Altho id love to have Braylon. Plus, getting a receiver from FA's is an okay idea.

So with that...with the fact that we gotta stop looking for Free Agent QBs who never prove much...its probably a better idea to get a TOP QB from the draft, and hope in 3 years from now he is as good as Peyton Manning or Drew Brees, or Ben Roethlisberger...therefore QB is not a problem for us anymore. :cool:

Secondly...i learned today that San Diego's backup QB (Phillip Rivers) is making 34 million over 4 years. Im sorry, but when does a BACKUP QB make 34 million?? That sickens me:fire:

When did your buddies start working with Saban that you "learned" we are taking a qb? LOL

Ok....

ItalianDolFan said:

Time for a little lesson... "Getting a WR in free Agency" sounds great! WHAT WR? When the Giants snatched Peerless Price, the last quality FA the WR FA market dried up! There are a TON of RB's available still and maybe 2 QB's worth talking about. So...

Here you are, you're Coach Nick Saban. You have a football team that you've studied on film now for about 3 weeks intensely and you've formulated a plan of attack regarding the draft.

Question one: If you draft a QB, will that answer the QB situation this year or even next year?

Answer: NO! You brought in Frerrotte to compete with Feeley in order to hopefully GET some answers about who will lead this team. But you don't really know if Feeley will turn into Joe Montana or Ryan Leaf yet and you can't draft a position without properly ascertaining it's need, so...

QB is a position that will be addressed next year (unless Feeley or Frerrotte emerge as Pro Bowlers) because with Matt Leinart coming out next year it will be a much stronger class then.

Question two: If you draft a RB, will that answer the RB situation this year or next year?

Answer: Yes! But wait, RB's are a dime a dozen this year and we have a whole bunch signed ( we just re-signed Minor) and an unproven third round pick investment in Lamar Gordon. This pick, like the Feeley number 2 pick, have to be allowed to play themselves out. This next year will tell us if Feeley was worth a number 2 and Gordon a number 3. So I would NOT pick a RB with the number 2 pick in the draft.

Question three" If you draft a WR, will that answer the WR situation this year and next year?

Answer: YES! The Free Agent WR market is scary it's so bad! Linehan's entire Offensive system is designed to take advantage of the tall, fast WR STRETCHING the defense and creating underneath passing and running lanes. Chambers and Booker have no speed, they're both possesion recievers.

Drafting BRAYLON EDWARDS (WR) is the only smart choice. You don't bring in a marginal QB (in any other draft) or crowd the RB squad (we had the BEST RB in the league for 2 years and couldn't even make the playoffs) you let the players that are signed there prove themselves, and you give them one year to do it in. Hence all of SABAN'S one year deals he's signing.

You draft the next RANDY MOSS to operate in Linehan's system, you upgrade the offensive and defensive lines and try to make a deal for more picks with Surtain. Hey, AFTER the draft maybe you give up Surtain to the Chiefs for a 3rd or conditional 2nd 2006 draft pick.

Either way, you let the QB's you signed work it out, the RB's you've got prove themselves and you go get the stud WR that will make this offense competitive THIS year. With BOOKER and EDWARDS outside and CHAMBERS in his natural position in the slot, with McMichael up the middle wh the hell is gonna stop us? We just need solid RB play, upgraded O-Line work and steadier QB play. Our good defense will do the rest.

NO RB or QB this year. Edwards all the way!

BLUEPHIN said:

I think I will induce a Nyquil coma till the draft!!!!! Just not sure how many bottles. It's a fine line between a 4 week coma and death. LOL

Back
Top Bottom