Ty Law A Dolphin? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law A Dolphin?

PHINPHOURLIFE

SUPERSTAR
Reaction score
I would have to say if he gets healthy and we can pick him up for a reasonable amount it probably wouldnt be a bad move. I wouldnt mind seeing him pick off T. Brady. I mean after all he does live in South Fl. What do you guys think?

Yeah I'd like to see that. He would really help our DB's and possibly move to FS if need be to pro-long his career.

I'd like to see him here, but with the greedy and usually unreasonable Postons as his agents, I highly doubt the price will be anything less than astronomical.

A&MPhin84 said:
I'd like to see him here, but with the greedy and usually unreasonable Postons as his agents, I highly doubt the price will be anything less than astronomical.

If the guy is healthy he will command a nice going out of football contract to play on ala Deion Sanders, but maybe not that greedy..

Well, with Saban running things now a days, maybe we'll get him at a reasonable price. We haven't overpaid for anyone we've gotten through free agency, unlike last year where Wanny & Speilman would trade a 2nd round draft pick for a pack of Lil' Debbies.

MarksBrothers85 said:
Well, with Saban running things now a days, maybe we'll get him at a reasonable price. We haven't overpaid for anyone we've gotten through free agency, unlike last year where Wanny & Speilman would trade a 2nd round draft pick for a pack of Lil' Debbies.
:roflmao:

MarksBrothers85 said:

We haven't overpaid a player in the sense of salary since Shula left. His last couple of years here blew us up with signings like Eric Green, Steve Emntman.

I dont think we really need a corner would be a waste of money...our dline will make our secondary very good this year...and you'll see us getting about 2x as many ints as last year

Ty Law in good condition would be a great pickup. If his price is too steep, Saban will balk though.

I read the title, and I thought I'd see something pointing to the likelihood of Law becoming a dolphin...not just another thread asking other posters yet again if we should go after Ty Law...

ckparrothead said:
I read the title, and I thought I'd see something pointing to the likelihood of Law becoming a dolphin...not just another thread asking other posters yet again if we should go after Ty Law...

sorry to disappoint you :tongue:

As long as he is represented by the Poston brothers, I wouldn't count too much on getting him at anything even closely resembling a bargain price.
Everyone likes to bad mouth Drew as an agent, but he gets his clients signed. The Postons are noted for being hard line negotiators who hold their clients out.
Shawne Merriman fired Gary Wichard and hired the Postons after the draft and if SD would have known he was going to do this, there is a very good chance they would have passed on him at the 12th overall pick.
I'd rather have every Dolphin represented by Drew than have even one key player be a Poston client.

u guys have wasted alot of time on these threads wondering about law, hes not coming to miami because 1. he wants too much $$$$$

2. hes not 100 % healthy and saban and co. are not dumb to take a chance on him being healthy...

law will probably sign with the lions, they will throw alot of money in his face

Back
Top Bottom