TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO)

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I havent seen this update posted, so I thought i'd go ahead with it.

Xtra 570 in San Diego reported that CB Ty Law has passed his physical in Miami. That's all that was said, other than it appears to be a two horse race for him between Miami and Detroit.

Frankly, I was surprised he was far enough along to go through a physical. I thought he was at least a month away from that type of evaluation.

Sure would make losing Surtain an easier pill to swallow if we could get Law.

Yes, Ty Law in Miami would make us a little more secure. It would probably mean the end for Howard, due to money reasons, though we would have to eat the 4.5 million dollar bonus. I think Daniels and Edwards would be great Nickel and Dime, and we sign someone else to minimum. Or we keep Howard and have our corners take up a lot of salary cap.

DOLFANMIKE said:
I havent seen this update posted, so I thought i'd go ahead with it.

Xtra 570 in San Diego reported that CB Ty Law has passed his physical in Miami. That's all that was said, other than it appears to be a two horse race for him between Miami and Detroit.

Frankly, I was surprised he was far enough along to go through a physical. I thought he was at least a month away from that type of evaluation.

Sure would make losing Surtain an easier pill to swallow if we could get Law.

This could be very good news for us.

it just seems with the couple of other free agent signees Saban hopes to secure we wouldn't have the money for a high profile player like law

I didn't even know he was taking a physical with us. I thought he just spoke briefly with the front office.

This makes no sense at all to me. :confused: Why would we want to sign a guy who is older and just as expensive as Pat Surtain? :shakeno: Especially when there is no guarantee that he is physically all that he once was. Lest anyone forget what Law wanted money wise fom N.E. I 'm sure their fans would be happy to refreash our memory. He was demanding a trade from N.E. so he could be the highest paid corner in the league. In addition his agent(s) are the Poston's who have the reputation of less than amiable negotiations with teams.
Hell, if we want someone with knowledge of the N.E. system at a reasonable price maybe we should sign Terrell Buckley. T-Buck has two advantages over Law 1. He is not coming off of an injury. 2. He is a much more cost effective option.

feelthepain said:
We don't have the cap room for Law!!
Yes we do. A total of five teams are looking at Law(Dolphins, Lions, Steelers, Jets and Colts). We have MORE cap space then all of them.

Is Saban playing everyone, once again? Is it a coincidence that TODAY he comes out with this line about not being all that interested in upgrading the corner position, because Will was just "a developmental player"? He seemed to downplay the interest in Law, talking about how hard it is to predict how he will recover from injury and all that junk. Does Saban want teams like the Lions and Jets to think we are out of the picture, lowball Ty and then force him to come back to the Fins?

Maybe I am overanalyzing it, but I think Nick is trying to bring the price down by downplaying our interest. And if the physical is true, we certainly have a sincere interest.

Back
Top Bottom