TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TY LAW PASSES PHYSICAL IN MIAMI (XTRA 570 in SAN DIEGO)

Predaphin said:
because we're thin at CB

No thinner now than when P.S. was on the team. What they essentially did was ship Pat to K.C. and pick up Daniels in the draft.
I just do not see how you can justify giving Law a boatload of money coming off of an injury when there are more cost effecient healthier alternatives.

Nublar7 said:
Yes we do. A total of five teams are looking at Law(Dolphins, Lions, Steelers, Jets and Colts). We have MORE cap space then all of them.

That's an interesting point. I guess it's just a question who is willing to pay more...I personally don't see Saban in a bidding war for Ty law but if Law came to us first and gave us first dibs, I could see him here.

Nighthawk said:
No thinner now than when P.S. was on the team. What they essentially did was ship Pat to K.C. and pick up Daniels in the draft.
I just do not see how you can justify giving Law a boatload of money coming off of an injury when there are more cost effecient healthier alternatives.
Um, when Poole went down we got thinner. So it was Poole and Surtain for Daniels. Yeah, I think we are kinda thin.

We are most definitely thin at CB- how can you even question it!?

Ty Law would be a terrific addition, there is no doubt.

him making a good addition and him being overpriced and risky due to his injury are different things.

I'm not saying that he would not be a good addition. I would not go so far as to say that it would be terrific because he is coming off of an injury. What I do question is giving him a big money contract when there are more cost effective viable alternatives.

Some of you are killing me here. I cant believe youre asking why we would pursue Ty Law! Helloooooo dimwits, multi time pro bowl CB and the alternative is crappy reggie howard or Mario Edwards starting! Gimme a frickin break here.

IMO we can go as high as 4m for law. That still leaves us 4m+ to sign rookies and maybe a patchwork Vet DT like a TRaylor or someone cut on june 1 for the vet minimum.

1) I trust Saban and the med staff- if they believe he is healthy, he is healthy.

2) If healthy, he is a top 5 corner.

3) He will still be cheaper then Surtain.

4) There are NOT better options! How can you compare a guy like Tbuck and Ty freakin Law?? Now obviously the $$ is completely different, but where else is our cap room gonna go? Az Hakim? Yah, he is going to command this kind of money. David Boston? Ya right. These are guys that will go for close to the vet minimum. Cap room is not something you just let sit there.

Dolfan1000 said:
We are most definitely thin at CB- how can you even question it!?

Ty Law would be a terrific addition, there is no doubt.

Please..

Let's not overreact here. There is most definitely a doubt. The guy is coming off a very significant injury. He can't even make cuts as of right now, and who knows if he is ever going to be able to again?

I don't like this move. Giving this guy big money, which you KNOW he's going to get wherever he signs, for such a BIG question mark.

This team isn't a contender THIS year, there's no need for this signing with cheaper alternatives out there.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Please..

Let's not overreact here. There is most definitely a doubt. The guy is coming off a very significant injury. He can't even make cuts as of right now, and who knows if he is ever going to be able to again?

I don't like this move. Giving this guy big money, which you KNOW he's going to get wherever he signs, for such a BIG question mark.

This team isn't a contender THIS year, there's no need for this signing with cheaper alternatives out there.

NEWSFLASH! He passed a physical, which is the point of this thread!

:shakeno:

Think before you post.

Dolfan1000 said:
NEWSFLASH! He passed a physical, which is the point of this thread!

:shakeno:

Think before you post.

Who gives a s*it if he passed a physical? Does a physical involve him out there running around at game speed making cuts?

I have serious doubts he'll ever be the player he was with New England.

Well I trust Saban and the medical staff, and you should too.

Leave the doubts at home, and if Law becomes a Fin, trust that Nick and the staff did their homework and truly believe that he will be the player he was in New England.

Dolfan1000 said:
Well I trust Saban and the medical staff, and you should too.

Leave the doubts at home, and if Law becomes a Fin, trust that Nick and the staff did their homework and truly believe that he will be the player he was in New England.

Doesn't mean I can't be critical of this move (if it happens).

This team isn't a Super Bowl contender this year, there's no need for an a corner like Law who is gonna absolutley CASH IN, and is coming off a serious injury.

Dolfan1000 said:
1) I trust Saban and the med staff- if they believe he is healthy, he is healthy.

2) If healthy, he is a top 5 corner.

3) He will still be cheaper then Surtain.

4) There are NOT better options! How can you compare a guy like Tbuck and Ty freakin Law?? Now obviously the $$ is completely different, but where else is our cap room gonna go? Az Hakim? Yah, he is going to command this kind of money. David Boston? Ya right. These are guys that will go for close to the vet minimum. Cap room is not something you just let sit there.

Thankyou! Extinguishing all the negativity.

Ty Law, if fitting to the variable 'best' condition he can be in will be a major upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom