Ty Law to Carolina...? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law to Carolina...?

Danny_Dolphin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Quite a few message boards in the Charlotte area are picking up on this. ESPN's Chris Mortenson reports a possible HUGE deal which would send Ty Law and 2nd pick to the Carolina Panthers for Stephen Davis. Being a Carolina fan, I got really bad vibes about this rumor...Carolina has built theirself back into a good franchise and now they're willing to let go of their runningback which best fits the offensive scheme just for help at Cornerback? I know Carolina also has DeShawn Foster, but everybody knows how valuable two good runningbacks are to a team's success?

Originally posted by Danny_Dolphin
Quite a few message boards in the Charlotte area are picking up on this. ESPN's Chris Mortenson reports a possible HUGE deal which would send Ty Law and 2nd pick to the Carolina Panthers for Stephen Davis. Being a Carolina fan, I got really bad vibes about this rumor...Carolina has built theirself back into a good franchise and now they're willing to let go of their runningback which best fits the offensive scheme just for help at Cornerback? I know Carolina also has DeShawn Foster, but everybody knows how valuable two good runningbacks are to a team's success?

me being a panther fan also, 2nd behind my beloved fins.

i kinda like that deal!! i can't remember the last time i've seen davis finish a complete season! (not dogging him just the facts)

I HIGHLY DOUBT THIS HAPPENING BECAUSE THE PATS HAD RE-SIGNED FAULK AND IM PRETTY SURE HE MIGHT BE THE STARTER BUT HEY IF IT HAPPENS AWESOME

Arghh.. Patriots would be deadly with Stephen Davis. I really hope this doesn't happen. They will be losing Ty Law anyway. They've already got two 1st rounders and two 2nd rounders so they are still going to have a lot of picks.

Good Get Law out of the division

I be glad when Ty Law leaves the division as long it breaks down the Patriots. As long as the Patriots get weaker the better off for the rest of division. Ty Law can shut down anyone. My Boy E-Moulds would get shut down, Boston would get shut down, and so will the man Santana Moss.

Man I didnt know there were so many panther fans hidden on this board. I am one as well. Phins are numero uno of course but when North Carolina got the Panthers I had to support them as well and they are in the NFC so that just makes 30 teams I hate besides 15 so its all good.

I don't want the Panthers to let Davis go. He is getting up there in age but I like the 2 back combo they had this year. I know the panthers need a good DB and law would do nicely. I think the panthers kept 2 of their starting 4 DB's, so they have some holes to fill back there.

BTW, where you guys as happy as I was when Terry Cousins got released this offseason. As if having him toture me when he was with Miami wasnt enough the Panthers picked him up just to spite me I think. At least that is over now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Pats don't get a real threat at RB.

Originally posted by Danny_Dolphin

:lol:

Ill believe it when it happens ......

Marino1983

I highly doubt the Panthers would trade Stephen Davis, espicially after the season he had last year. I doubt this deal will happen.

That rumor ended quick...the Pats acquired Corey Dillon today.

Back
Top Bottom