Ty Law Update(sort of) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ty Law Update(sort of)

Mike13

I am a golden god
Reaction score
1st of all I apoligize as this is about the 30th Ty Law thread, and most of us either hate him or they are indifferent(I fall in the latter category)

2nd of all I did not see this posted yet, nor do I give a ****.

3rd of all I hate the ****ing Pats, (that goes w/o out saying doesnt it?) and I apoigize for wasting your time up until now.

On Sports Xtra last night, whats his name(I forgot who it is who hosts the show) was talking to Rosenhous and he said Ty Law will most likely land either in Tampa or in Miami. It looks like he is running out of options and I doubt he's gonna sit out a year of football because no one wants to give him a long term deal.

If that is the case then he will probably choose the Bucs because he sort of burned his bridges with us with that "We cant afford him" comment.

I'm sure whoever gets Ty Law may end up on the back end of an extremely good deal....as long as Ty dosen't put pennies over playing, which he is doing.

PatsSuck456 said:
1st of all I apoligize as this is about the 30th Ty Law thread, and most of us either hate him or they are indifferent(I fall in the latter category)

2nd of all I did not see this posted yet, nor do I give a ****.

3rd of all I hate the ****ing Pats, (that goes w/o out saying doesnt it?) and I apoigize for wasting your time up until now.

On Sports Xtra last night, whats his name(I forgot who it is who hosts the show) was talking to Rosenhous and he said Ty Law will most likely land either in Tampa or in Miami. It looks like he is running out of options and I doubt he's gonna sit out a year of football because no one wants to give him a long term deal.

very smart...using Rosenhaus as a source. Did he also guarantee that he'd get TO a new deal too? :rolleyes:

Ty Law just had an interview with Andrea Kramer, and he said he wants a fair deal, there are 8 teams interested, and he WONT accept a 1 year deal. look at phin fan in cali's thread

Makes no difference to me whether that slob plays for us or not. It's an old afterthought anyway. He's too rich for us remember?

nicksaban rules said:
lance shulters sign him already we need him more then ty law.
yes. i agree. (well actually we need both), but i'd put a priority on Schulters right now.

The Buccaneers supposedly need to make $5 million in cap room to just sign their draft picks and their rookie allocation is $6 million.

byroan said:

If that. ESPNNEWs and ESPNRadio have covered Law the last couple days and they havent even mentioned us as one of the potential suitors. They mentioned that he has recieved offers from Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay, but its likely he will put them on hold for two reasons,
a. to miss most of training camp in order to stay fresh for the season
b. wait till a team becomes more desperate and throws more money at him.

Although I doubt Law will wind up signing here, a couple of things have me skeptical about this TB thing: Tampa already has two starting CBs who are pretty good, real good fits for Kiffin's defensive scheme, they just signed their potential nickel back, Jaron Bolden, a couple of months back. Tampa is cash strapped as we all know. They were forced to restructure several players or be forced to cut them. they need to create even more space to sign thier rookies (who they have quite a few of).
But more importantly, Kelly and Barber have been underpaid for a few years now. Barber who is 30 years old and had a real good year last year is going to make 3 mil this year. They have Kelly who is 29 and is sched. to make 2.4 mill this year. Both are at the very least bargains in the eyes of the front office and underpaid in the eyes of the players. All of that leads me to question why management would bring in Law at atleast 2.5 mill and risk pi$$ing off your two starting corners more than they already are. Bringing law into that locker room would be a slap in the face of those two players who have given them decent to very good play while not complianing about playing for peanuts. Who would go to the bench? Why sign Bolden, who would in turn become a dead and useless contract? (See R. Howard)......

Dudeman said:
very smart...using Rosenhaus as a source. Did he also guarantee that he'd get TO a new deal too? :rolleyes:
He also said, that McGahee would start his first season and be a probowler.

(McGahee didnt play a single down his first season.)

Rosenhaus will say ANYTHING to get his clients (and in-turn, him) more money.

FinsFan74 said:
I heard he's going to Tampa
I know this is a little of subject but is that Sting as your avator?

Back
Top Bottom