TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes

Smitten2021

Active Roster
Reaction score
Nobody wants to ever respect the Center...but it is arguably the most important OL position. It requires a high football IQ and the player must excel at BOTH pass/run blocking. Their build has to be able to withstand the most MASSIVE DT's in the league.

The center touches the ball AS MUCH as the quarterback. Think about that. You look at the best QB's in the league and they've always had the same center with them for the majority of their careers.

This is a position that takes a RARE TALENT and it requires the player to be VOCAL...they're effectively the "leader" of the OL.

Tua needs his center. Why not one of the best prospects to come out in decades? We passed on Ruiz and then we passed on Humphrey....ENOUGH.....we NEED a HOF potential center for Mc D's offense to shine. We need Tyler Linderbaum.

He is projected to go to Pittsburgh by MANY at #20...and if they don't take him then surely the Cardinals, Raiders, Bills, Titans, or Packers will. We HAVE to be willing to trade up AT LEAST 10 spots for him. Do it. Trade with the Eagles for Pick #19. Whatever it takes. Even their #15 or #16 picks.

You remember what life was like with Pouncey? Remember how bad we were when he was injured? How about ever since he left the team? The center is critical. It's time we get ours.

Last edited:
Required without a doubt.

While Ruiz went #24 and Humphrey went 2nd round last year...their drafts were much stronger than this years. Tyler is not only a better prospect than them but his draft class is unusually weak.

Starting to think that maybe #19 doesn't even lock him up...Philly has the 15th (our old pick), 16th, and 19th....whoever wants Linderbaum is probably going to have to deal with Philly and we might need to trade up higher to prevent another team from doing the same.

He's been projected as early as #14 to the Ravens but I don't see that happening since they need OT so bad.

Last edited:
I love the tape on Linderbaum. He gets after it.

If he gets close enough, a trade up could certainly be an option. Not much at center after him. The kid from Boston College maybe.

What would it cost to trade up 10-12 spots?

If he gets close enough, a trade up could certainly be an option. Not much at center after him. The kid from Boston College maybe.

Our second rounder most likely...A lot to give up for a center. Especially in this draft that is deep with talent(outside of center).

We could always package a player that maybe Mc D doesn't see in his future plans? Or a 2023 pick since Philly is so rich this year? Remember thats what we did...we took some of that ammo and spread it out over multiple drafts.

Required without a doubt.

While Ruiz went #24 and Humphrey went 2nd round last year...their drafts were much stronger than this years. Tyler is not only a better prospect than them but his draft class is unusually weak.

I think #19 should lock him up...but he has been projected as early as #15 to Baltimore. Praying that doesn't happen and they go for OT.
What range is realistic vs. cost to move those respective positions? Like end of the day how much more in addition to our first is worth it for him. If it requires one of our first rounders from next season I would be hard pressed to say yes.

The good thing we'd have going for us is a history of trading with Philly between Grier and their GM...

Also is the fact that Philly probably doesn't want to pay 3 rookies the same level of contract and they probably are targeting guys all over round 1....so depending how the draft is playing out...they might be attracted to a late round 1st like our 29...they could land one of their targets at 19 and pay him much less?

Definitely should be able to get a deal done with this team IF we want Linderbaum...praying it happens

Yeah, Center isn't very deep in this draft. You obviously have Lindetbaum at #1. After that my next target would be Zach Tom from Wake Forest. Dude played C, G, and T during his time at Wake, with C/G being his ticket in the NFL. I have him as the 2nd best Center prospect we could go after.

Edit: From a scout at the Shrine Bowl

Screenshot_20220207-140751_Chrome.jpg

We could always package a player that maybe Mc D doesn't see in his future plans? Or a 2023 pick since Philly is so rich this year? Remember thats what we did...we took some of that ammo and spread it out over multiple drafts.
I like the idea of packaging a player that McD does not see fitting our new system. I dont know how feasable that is

Back
Top Bottom