TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes

He is very good. I'd say without question one of the top 15 players in the draft. That said, I wont be shocked if we have a chance to draft him given his measurable's at the combine and the fact that he plays Center.

He'll be a great Center for a decade for whomever drafts him!

So the highest center ever drafted was #17...

I see a lot of mocks with Linderbaum going #14 to Ravens...but I still think he goes to one of Philly's 3 picks - #15, 16, or 19.

Someone will trade for him. I sure as hell hope we can it happen.

I really miss Dwight Stephenson. Can we clone him. I still remember him blocking multiple people at once. A pity his career was cut short. But yes, a good center makes a gigantic difference.
on a cheap shot by marty lyons of freakin Jets after an interception of marino. hated marty lyons ever since

Most mocks have him going in the 15-20 range. We're drafting #29 so to be sure we probably need to get to 14 or 15 spots ahead of where were drafting. That's a big, expensive 1st round jump and it would be costly as hell. The player is outstanding and I'd love him to be our center going forward. Maybe make a deal that we can live with. We have to be sharp on draft day!! Linderbaum would be such a great start to fixing this oline.

So the highest center ever drafted was #17...

I see a lot of mocks with Linderbaum going #14 to Ravens...but I still think he goes to one of Philly's 3 picks - #15, 16, or 19.

Someone will trade for him. I sure as hell hope we can it happen.
How can that possibly be true when we drafted Pouncey with pick 15?

How can that possibly be true when we drafted Pouncey with pick 15?

Steve Everitt from Michigan was taken #14 in 93 by the Browns, Pete Brock from Colorado #13 overall by the Patriots in 1976.

Bob Johnson was selected #2 overall by the Bengals in 1968. That is right #2 OVERALL!

They used to draft centers in R1 all the time back in the old days when no one knew what they were doing.

Alright I got it. With the recent news of us not being close to a deal with X...

We trade our #29 pick and Xavien Howard for 1 of Philly's 1st rounders in order to select Linderbaum.

We lose X's MASSIVE contract and we don't have to give up any draft capital. Philly can afford it with 3 picks in the 1st - locking one of them with arguably the best CB in the league to help them with their 25th ranked secondary.

Thoughts?

Revisiting this after addressing the majority of our needs...after getting Armstead and Williams...I'm just salivating at the thought of getting an elite center to go with them and having Hunt and then Eichenberg/Jackson on the right side...

Grier showed last year he was willing to trade back and then trade BACK UP to land the player he wanted.

Mike's zone blocking requires a "cerebral" need at C...which is a must in a Shanahan offense.

WHAT IF Linderbaum drops to the 20's? I've seen some recent mocks with him going at the end of the round!

Since its clear our FO believes in Tua...we really don't have to keep all those picks in 2023...we can use them to select precisely WHO we want this year.

I'm still for drafting Linderbaum. WHATEVER it takes! :dead::lol:

Let's send our 3rd this year, and 1 of our 1st's and 3rd's next year and get this man in front of Tua for the next DECADE!!!!

Last edited:
**** it. You know what? Send them our 3rd, 4th, 5th, and BOTH 7's this year AND a 1st next year. WHATEVER IT TAKES!

Let's send our 3rd this year, and 1 of our 1st's and 3rd's next year and get this man in front of Tua for the next DECADE!!!!
nathan-fillion-uhm.gif

Smitten, I get your wanting Linderbaum at all cost, I would be ecstatic to get him, but what we have for next year can not and should not be touched. At least our 1st round picks.

I personally believe right now we have enough to feel like a dangerous team, good enough where there is a slight chance we go all the way, yet getting Linderbaum will not make our chances much better this year, but if everything does fall together, stars align and we end up being the 2022 version of the Rams, you and all of us are going to be very happy what awaits us in the draft to add to Miami for us to repeat in 2023.

I'm sure Linderbaum was a consideration before Tyreek Hill became available. Now, that ship has sailed.

I do think Deiter will be helped by the new coaching staff. Maybe he develops into at least a serviceable center.

Main questions for the offense will be how does the ZBS they will use mask our oline deficiencies, and with Williams and Armstead added we remove two weak links and add two top level linemen. Plus with a running game with a fullback we can grind teams up on the ground, be more balanced in our attack, and with Tyreek, Waddle, Wilson, and Gesicki we have scary weapons that can make defenses have to account for two many playmakers. Two high safeties run it down their throats. Crowd the LOS and Waddle or Tyreek are man to man with no help over the top. Roll coverage to our WR’s and Gesicki down the seam or BOB (back on backer) plays with Mostert or Edmonds. Adding the RB’s and Wilson were huge additions - adding Tyreek as well could be scary.

Back
Top Bottom