TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

TYLER LINDERBAUM - Whatever it Takes

**** it. You know what? Send them our 3rd, 4th, 5th, and BOTH 7's this year AND a 1st next year. WHATEVER IT TAKES!
Thats never going to happen.
They are keeping the no. 1 picks to go after Bryce Young or CJ Stroud if Tua cant get it done.

What is really annoying is that they could have taken Creed Humphrey LAST year and hung on to this years 3rd rounder! :DWN:

The trade up for Eichenberg, right?

I wasn’t wild about that move either.

I was very surprised they weren’t all that interested in Humphrey. Baffling.

The trade up for Eichenberg, right?

I wasn’t wild about that move either.

I was very surprised they weren’t all that interested in Humphrey. Baffling.
Yup.

I did not like the trade up at all.

Didn't hate Eichenberg but i did like Dillon Radunz better at OT if they were going that route but they could have had Humphrey or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah or Nick Bolton without even trading up.

Hopefully Eichenberg improves under the new staff and in the new blocking scheme.

And to be fair Waddle, Phillips and Holland were strong picks although I would not have traded from 12 to 6 to get Waddle.I would have have sat at #12 and taken Parsons or Slater and found a WR later.

I love Waddle but imagine the OL had they added Slater and Humphrey last year!

Yup.

I did not like the trade up at all.

Didn't hate Eichenberg but i did like Dillon Radunz better at OT if they were going that route but they could have had Humphrey or Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah or Nick Bolton without even trading up.

Hopefully Eichenberg improves under the new staff and in the new blocking scheme.

And to be fair Waddle, Phillips and Holland were strong picks although I would not have traded from 12 to 6 to get Waddle.I would have have sat at #12 and taken Parsons or Slater and found a WR later.

I love Waddle but imagine the OL had they added Slater and Humphrey last year!

I‘m with you on the trade up for Eich. But I still like and support the moves down then up to secure Waddle and the extra picks.

Slater would have been very nice, but I like Waddle better and apparently they weren’t too interested in Humphrey regardless so it’s not like he was a real possibility — even though we both would have loved to see them draft him.

Parsons was tremendous last season, but I still don’t believe is as an important piece as Waddle is or will be. Play makers like Jaylen Waddle and now Tyreek Hill don’t grow on trees either. And our defense was already at a level good enough to win. The offense needed the most help by far. And in today’s offensive driven and rules heavy league, I don’t see much of an argument for selecting a LB over a top flight play maker.

That said, I don’t know that everyone expected Parsons to be utilized as a pass rusher quite to the extend he was. In fact, many questioned how good a pass rusher he’d be in the NFL. Well, he certainly dispelled those concerns. Everyone knew he might be a great sideline to sideline and matchup LB, but nobody knew he’d be able to produce the number of pressures and sacks that he did.

But even knowing what we know now, I’d still select Waddle over him (and Slater). I believe Waddle’s presence alongside Tyreek Hill will have a larger impact than Parsons in Miami’s defense. And offense is the name of the game in today’s NFL.

The days of an elite defensive player like Ray Lewis leading a dominant defense to a title seems remote these days. Khalil Mack was as good as there was for a short while and his teams went nowhere.

IMO it’s far more important and wiser to surround the QB with every advantage he can get. Slater would have certainly helped in that regard, but so does Waddle.

Circling back to the thread topic, if MIA can somehow work some magic to select Tyler Linderbaum to captain their new offensive line, I’m all for it (as long as it’s not a massive overpay). Or even Zach Tom.

LT- Armstead LG-Williams C-Linderbaum (or Tom) RG-Hunt RT-Eichenberg (or Jackson). Looks pretty solid to me.

Last edited:
Yes I was disgusted by the fact that we didn't draft Creed.

Our negligence to the center position, when having the ability to address it several times over (past 2 years in the draft, and now JC Tretter just sitting there in FA) ....I just don't understand why we do nothing to fix the CENTRAL/KEY part of the OL....

In our new offense the C is CRITICAL...we can't expect Deiter with NO depth to get the job done...

I‘m with you on the trade up for Eich. But I still like and support the moves down then up to secure Waddle and the extra picks.

Slater would have been very nice, but I like Waddle better and apparently they weren’t too interested in Humphrey regardless so it’s not like he was a real possibility — even though we both would have loved to see them draft him.

Parsons was tremendous last season, but I still don’t believe is as an important piece as Waddle is or will be. Play makers like Jaylen Waddle and now Tyreek Hill don’t grow on trees either. And our defense was already at a level good enough to win. The offense needed the most help by far. And in today’s offensive driven and rules heavy league, I don’t see much of an argument for selecting a LB over a top flight play maker.
I included Parsons because he was a top prospect and he had such a great rookie year but I would have gone with Slater at #12.

But Parsons would have been a great fit in the Flores/Boyer blitz from anywhere Defense and would have performed as well in Miami as he did in Dallas.

I included Parsons because he was a top prospect and he had such a great rookie year but I would have gone with Slater at #12.

But Parsons would have been a great fit in the Flores/Boyer blitz from anywhere Defense and would have performed as well in Miami as he did in Dallas.

In hindsight, I don’t doubt that at all. But prior to the draft nobody realistically expected Parsons to be a 13 sack type of player. He had 6 1/2 in two seasons at PSU.

We all knew he was a freak athlete, no doubt, and with some questions about his character. But a double digit plus sack guy? Nobody really predicted that.

As for Slater, lots of people thought he might be the best OT in the draft. But I still wouldn’t trade Waddle for him today. I think Waddle will prove to be more valuable.

Back
Top Bottom