Tyree Jackson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyree Jackson

He moves like a baby giraffe born right before kickoff. Pass for me.

2-star recruit with every goofy characteristic imaginable...physically and mentally. Mistakes and bizarre choices. As I posted a month or so ago, I'd prefer 10 more years of Ryan Tannehill above this guy.

He does make an occasional lethal downfield throw but you've got to ignore it.

Hard to apply the same mechanics to a guy who’s arms are the length of Murray’s legs. His wind up is in keeping with his wingspan. Not too many young college guys have perfect NFL mechanics, so that’s not really an issue. Looking at completions is a tell, but you have to dig and see if his receivers were average, or if he lacks touch, or maybe he is truly inaccurate. I think that height does make that ball come from a different place than receivers are used to. He throws a rope and it is six feet off the ground, not chest high. He has a lot of potential, but I don’t see him being drafted until pretty late, and if he is just a guy at the combine, he’ll be undrafted.

Like Tyree the prospect or hate Tyree the prospect this is type of player I want on roster as opposed to David Fales or Brandon Doughty. High ceiling and screw the floor.

Like Tyree the prospect or hate Tyree the prospect this is type of player I want on roster as opposed to David Fales or Brandon Doughty. High ceiling and screw the floor.

I don't think he has a high ceiling. A QB's ceiling is predicated on instincts, intelligence, accuracy, and feet more than a big arm and a good size/speed ratio. You need enough arm to have a high ceiling, for sure, but I don't see those other traits with Jackson.

I don't think he has a high ceiling. A QB's ceiling is predicated on instincts, intelligence, accuracy, and feet more than a big arm and a good size/speed ratio. You need enough arm to have a high ceiling, for sure, but I don't see those other traits with Jackson.

Still better than anything we’ve had as far a development prospect and it’s not even close.

Still better than anything we’ve had as far a development prospect and it’s not even close.

He doesn’t look accurate to me and we know nothing of his instincts or intelligence as compared to Falk or Fales. Therefore, your post is just an unverifiable opinion. To say “it’s not even close” is comical.

:funny:
He doesn’t look accurate to me and we know nothing of his instincts or intelligence as compared to Falk or Fales. Therefore, your post is just an unverifiable opinion. To say “it’s not even close” is comical.

No ****. Show me one post that’s not a “unverifiable opinion” LMAO

I agree with you here.

Something I saw at the Senior Bowl actually moved the needle for me. His feet got significantly quicker on his drop, and he flat out performed better.

This is a guy I've seen operate in the pocket like his feet are physically rooted in the ground, not even moving them as he reads different sides of the field or throws the ball to different spots. He learned how to throw a football of YouTube videos. Literally.

If you actually see with your own eyes that you're trying to teach him and he starts changing the way he's doing things and showing improvement, that's a powerful proof statement validating his status as a developmental prospect.

I had thought I'd avoid the guy. Now I'm willing to use a Day 3 pick on him as a developmental prospect that will test the skill of my QB Coaches.

:funny:

No ****. Show me one post that’s not a “unverifiable opinion” LMAO

There are many posts that cite stats and are based on known facts. And it’s true that most of the posts are just opinions. But your use of the phrase “not even close” is just silly hyperbole with nothing to back up what posted.

There are many posts that cite stats and are based on known facts. And it’s true that most of the posts are just opinions. But your use of the phrase “not even close” is just silly hyperbole with nothing to back up what posted.

LMAO

Back
Top Bottom