Tyreek + Achane = The Perfect Storm | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek + Achane = The Perfect Storm

Oh idk, maybe throw to him in some fashion at what he does best (he is limited) since they paid him north of 10mil.It was a poor decision to tag him and a poor decision not to use him in some way, shape or form. My guess is McD didn't want him although I scratch my head as to why Grier would tag him. There seems like a bit of a disconnect there.

I read that the big rookie back from BYU had some nice runs today. Any details?

Any surprise that Achane was used often as a receiver in OTA's today?

Nope. I stated on draft weekend that I foresaw Achane being used like Andy Reid has traditionally used speed players like De’Anthony Thomas.

He’ll line up all over the field, as a slot, a RB, and even split out wide.

In some sets, you could have that speed balanced all over the field. Waddle on one-side, Tyreek on the other, Mostert behind Tua and Achane in the slot to either side.

On the same line, I am going to temper my expectations of McD coming up with a specific plan for Achane. I thought he might get creative with Mike G... never happened. McD did seem stoked with the pick so time will tell.

That’s cause Mike G couldn’t make YAC. If he was a player capable of it, McDaniel would have utilized it.

Instead Mike was usually tripping over his own baby deer feet.

Tyreek is much shiftier and can hit his top speed quicker.

Achane would smash him in the 100m.

Um, I call shenanigans on this.

I need to see it, more than once, to believe it.

IIRC Tyreek ran 10.19 100M in HS and even a 20.14 in the 200M. When he was 17 or 18 years old.

Those are on par with or better than Achane‘s times in college. And Cheetah’s not been training for those events full time.

Last edited:
That’s cause Mike G couldn’t make YAC. If he was a player capable of it, McDaniel would have utilized it.

Instead Mike was usually tripping over his own baby deer feet.
after 3 years you would think they would have known this, no?

after 3 years you would think they would have known this, no?
To be fair, I think the acquisition of Hill drastically affected the plans for both MG and Wilson.

Not excusing the mistake of tagging Mike, but I do take that into account when looking at it in hindsight.

Um, I call shenanigans on this.

I need to see it, more than once, to believe it.

IIRC Tyreek ran 10.19 100M in HS and even a 20.14 in the 200M. When he was 17 or 18 years old.

Those are on par with or better than Achane‘s times in college. And Cheetah’s not been training for those events full time.

Achane ran a 10.02. The 215th fastest 100M time in recorded history.

Its not a contest right now.

To be fair, I think the acquisition of Hill drastically affected the plans for both MG and Wilson.

Not excusing the mistake of tagging Mike, but I do take that into account when looking at it in hindsight.
Definitely agree with the first part. But I don't agree it was a mistake to tag MG. I saw it as the best of several poor options.

Mc Daniel may well believe he has a Tyreek clone in Achane...
I read that Hill said he's done after his contract in Miami expires. It could be that McD is hoping that Achane can use his speed to get past the defense like Hill does.
While I’ve always said I expect DA to line up in the slot plenty, he will never be a WR although his hands are elite. I think we’ll see our fair share of trick plays this year with this group.
I wonder if McD plans on using him as a combination RB/WR, a la Deebo Samuel or Christian McCaffrey.

I wonder if McD plans on using him as a combination RB/WR, a la Deebo Samuel or Christian McCaffrey.

I don’t think DA will be used too differently from what he did at TXAM.

His value is in the backfield. His skill set just allows for more variations while getting Mostert (or Cook) on the field at the same time.

Even as a decoy he offers a great value.

But make no mistake about it, he’s a running back.

Back
Top Bottom