Tyreek Hill/And All The Others | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek Hill/And All The Others

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
Why is it a Dolphin thing when a guy like Tyreek gets an enormous contract?? Well in this case it is one big step forward in seeing Chris Jones come available in free agency in 2020.

I know the natural reaction to these types of topics would usually be, waaaaaayyyyyyy toooo early man. Normally I would agree, but not this year.

Who would agree that this year for the Dolphins it isn't all about winning??? Not that we don't want to see our team win, and not that the players or coaches are going to lay down and get stomped on, but this year is all about the future. I think for us as fans, to remain mentally and emotionally healthy, we have to approach this season like the off-season had already begun.

I would think the FO is being extremely vigilant day and night. Seriously, I think they are more excited and motivated in the scouting department than perhaps ever. IMO, there is no player in the world right now that could do more for the 2020 Dolphin defense than Chris Jones. Some may say Calias Campbell is the best defender, or Aaron Donald, but Campbell is old, Donald himself is 28, and Jones is only 25.

I don't know about you, but I am finding out that the more I look ahead, the better I feel.

I have saying all along the last two years..........this rebuild doesn't have to take more than a year. There also signs that the Cowboys are going to run out of cap room next spring perhaps making byron Jones available in free agency.

People, If this team can develop just a few young players this year, score 4-5 quality starters in free agency and hit big in the draft with 5-6 more starting quality players; everything can be turned around in ONE year. Normally to hope for 5-6 quality players from one draft would be utterly absurd, but not 2020. I'm declaring 2020 the year of Dolphin miracles.

Is anyone else looking at free agents and 2020 mock drafts yet?

I’ll be more excited when we target protection for the future face of the franchise QB. But Jones would be fantastic as well

Back
Top Bottom