Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua" | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua"

This is the answer to your question of why Tua is defended so feverishly. When people post mind numbingly stupid garbage like this, they should expect a swift response. Brissett similar to Tua, gtfo.
First of all, where in the eff did you get that I compared Tua to brissett? I didnt. So your response is mind numbingly stupid garbage. Gtfo

Sure, if you don't watch the team whatsoever and make really simple assumptions.

Most knew what Tannehill was and that hasn't changed. He wasn't elite, but was far from the main problem. That was after 7 years.

Tua hasn't been the main problem or even close and he's only had a year and a half. Maybe it makes sense to worry about fixing the pieces of the offense that are rotting than continuing to talk about only the QB.
I'm just going to disagree with you then. I would say most didn't know what Tanne was but knew his strengths and weaknesses just like we know Tuas. The problem was we didn't put the pieces together for Tanne like we just did for Tua. The other problem is, we are 1 injury away from having another crap o line with the same players as last year on it. If/when that happens, again, people will say it's because of this and that and we can't truly evaluate him because things aren't perfect. 7 yrs later and there we will be again. I just hope that doesn't happen and no matter what happens this year, we make an actual decision on the damn position. Don't mean to get worked up I'm just so tired of having a **** offense year after year after year after year

I'm just going to disagree with you then. I would say most didn't know what Tanne was but knew his strengths and weaknesses just like we know Tuas. The problem was we didn't put the pieces together for Tanne like we just did for Tua. The other problem is, we are 1 injury away from having another crap o line with the same players as last year on it. If/when that happens, again, people will say it's because of this and that and we can't truly evaluate him because things aren't perfect. 7 yrs later and there we will be again. I just hope that doesn't happen and no matter what happens this year, we make an actual decision on the damn position. Don't mean to get worked up I'm just so tired of having a **** offense year after year after year after year
Strawman. Nobody is saying things have to be perfect, just maybe not field one of the worst offensive lines ever assembled in NFL history.

If we're one injury away from doing that again... like I said, doesn't matter the QB. We won't have an offense.

You challenged me to do some research, so I did. And at your request, I wont include a single stat about sacks.

First, lets look at overall Pass Block Rating.

Pass Block Rate
Dolphins: 51.8
Bengals: 53.1
League Median: 67

So in the overall pass blocking stat, the Dolphins are worse - but BARELY. They are essentially the same and both well below the league median.

Pass Block Win Rate
Dolphins: 47%
Bengals: 49%
League Median: 61%

Run Block Win Rate
Dolphins: 71%
Bengals: 71%
League Median: 70%

Now (above) we look at how often each teams offensive line won their battle in both pass blocking and run blocking. They were identically tied for run block win rate and extremely close in pass block win rate.

Time To Throw
Dolphins: 2.5
Bengals: 2.68
Bucs: 2.5
Packers: 2.6

Now (above) we are looking at how much time the Dolphins gave Tua to throw. Average of 2.5 seconds. Which is the same time-to-throw that Brady had. And almost identical to Rodgers and Burrow, too.

Conclusion

Tua had the same amount of time to throw as Brady, and was within 0.1 seconds of Rodgers/Burrow too. He also had a run blocking line that was identical to Cinci and a pass block offensive line that lost only 2% more of its plays. By every non-sack stat I know of, the Bengals and Dolphins are extremely comparable and had essentially the same offensive line production last season.

Tl;Dr You can say that the Dolphins line was worse and I'll agree with you if you'd like. They probably were slightly worse. But it was not by much.

Biggest difference out of all that was our dogshit terrible playcalling

Biggest difference out of all that was our dogshit terrible playcalling
Our run game was also really bad. It may not have the fault of run blocking but it was bad and that impacts the offense and how defenses play you.

When the defense doesn’t have to worry about the run they can just focus on the pass. And when the pass pro is so bad the D can just play coverage but still get pressure. That’s not what Brady or Burrow or other QBs we’re facing.

Too many incorrect assumptions about “we” and what “we” collectively know and agree about.

Not really though. It's supposed to be but again, we are going into the season with a new head coach, scheme, and supporting coaches. If Tua doesn't do good, we are going to hear those three things as the excuse for him and that because of that, we will need another year of the same system to truly evaluate him. I have a feeling this is going to turn into another tannehill situation. 7 yrs later and we still don't know...
Not even close, Tua has way better qb mechanics than RT. RT wasn't a natural qb coming into the league.

Strawman. Nobody is saying things have to be perfect, just maybe not field one of the worst offensive lines ever assembled in NFL history.

If we're one injury away from doing that again... like I said, doesn't matter the QB. We won't have an offense.
True

Even Highly drafted QBs need to be set up for success in the NFL. Unfortunately People now days tend to forget that its a tough transition.

You also have to admit though, that there are those who hide behind the "critical review", but in reality their "hating" in another sense. (They just dont want to admit it lol) Its kinda hard to distinguish. Their being biased also doesnt help the cause.

But, You CAN actually tell them apart when one fluffs up a QB not admitting he was helped by his surroundings, and yet not give the other QB credit where credit is due (and not admit he always had the most missing pieces)
I doubt that many fans actually hate Tua as a person…even if they disliked the pick of him as a player.

Dan Marino never had a top half of the league defense or a top running game and still was recognized universally as one of the best to ever play.

Again, you are picking a stat, and using it in a vacuum, without context.

Burrow held the ball longer. Before you respond by saying "but it was less than a second", I will point out that .8 seconds is 30-40% longer. Irrespective of the measurement length, 30-40% of anything is a substantial difference.

I would also point out that Tua avoided taking sacks by getting rid of the ball on short routes and "dump offs". Before you say that is an inherent flaw in Tua,I would point out that for all we know, that is exactly what he was coached to do.

Do you have the pressure numbers?
I would like too see a poll of who would take Tua over Joe Burrow currently?

I don’t see how anybody could justify that evaluation?

I'm not sure we are 'one injury away from having the same line we had last year'. This sounds like hyperbole to me.

Give young linemen one more year and they generally improve.
Change the team's blocking scheme to a scheme that better fits the personnel that you have, and a line generally improves.
Improve a team's depth... likewise.

I think so many fans think players never change, never improve from what you see originally.

Before the draft, I predicted we would not draft linemen... as we expected improvement., and that's what happened...

Take a breath Fin Fans.

Don't get me wrong here, I'm glad we traded for Tyreek and I look forward to seeing him on the field for Miami... That being said, I wish he'd shut the **** up every now and then.
I’d rather listen to Tyreek than to Skip, Shannon, or the rest of those loser mofos now talking shiz on the networks.

Sure, if you don't watch the team whatsoever and make really simple assumptions.

Most knew what Tannehill was and that hasn't changed. He wasn't elite, but was far from the main problem. That was after 7 years.

Tua hasn't been the main problem or even close and he's only had a year and a half. Maybe it makes sense to worry about fixing the pieces of the offense that are rotting than continuing to talk about only the QB.

“Tua hasn't been the main problem or even close and he's only had a year and a half. Maybe it makes sense to worry about fixing the pieces of the offense that are rotting than continuing to talk about only the QB.”

You make too much sense for the feeble minded among us.

Back
Top Bottom