Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua" | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyreek: "People Are Going To Take Their Words Back On Tua"

Not sure tua goes off elite style this year but fully willing to bet the house on a 26-28 td 6-10 int season

People want to talk all this crap about Tua, and his week arm, and blah blah blah.

Watch the video. One of the best QBs in the league, with A MUCH better OLine protecting him, can under throw balls, thrown late passes, where Hill has to slow down, or stop, or turn a certain way, etc.

LOL They never showed the QB and what the Oline was doing, in a lot of those highlights you can easily tell the QB was under pressure.

LOL They never showed the QB and what the Oline was doing, in a lot of those highlights you can easily tell the QB was under pressure.
I agree with that. I also notice a lot of poor ball placement and quite a few that were underthrown. That’s what Tyreek is talking about when he says he likes it in the bread basket. if Tua provides that, Tyreek’s numbers will be similar if not higher than his norm.

I agree with that. I also notice a lot of poor ball placement and quite a few that were underthrown. That’s what Tyreek is talking about when he says he likes it in the bread basket. if Tua provides that, Tyreek’s numbers will be similar if not higher than his norm.
With out context it’s hard to judge either way.
I’m sure there’s similar videos of Tuas not so good ball placement also. I hope these two
(3 waddle) can put it together and get this team over the hump.

Obviously, every QB will have some badly placed passes. It's about averages. The great QBs tend to have better ball placement more often. The fact of the matter is that there are areas of the field that Tua throws to more accurately than Mahomes. On those quick slants and crossing patterns 10 yards or less, Tua is arguably the best in the league. I suspect those are the areas Hill is expecting more accurate passing in. In fact, today's NFL probably throws about 70% of their passes 10 yards or or less so that's a big part of the game. But Tua was also money on any passes on the left side of the field (short, middle or deep). Statistically Tua was also great deep right. The areas he struggled were middle and right in that 10-20 yard range and deep down the middle. Mahomes was more accurate in those areas. I don't really expect that the right area 10-20 yards down field will ever be Tua's favorite. For a left handed QB that's usually the last place you look and if you're looking late it'll take a ton of arm strength to get it there. But down the middle, mid depth and deep is where I'm curious to see improvement. Those routes are generally longer so they require better pass pro. It's been well documented that our pass pro was historically bad. Assuming that the pass pro improves, I'm curious to see if Tua's numbers there improve as well.

Back
Top Bottom