Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers) | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyrod Taylor Seriously (taylor Signed With Chargers)

Exactly If I remember Osweiler was 18 mill they said Bortles would free 10-11 mill I would think ya sending a late round pick and getting back Bortles and a 3rd would be reasonable. I’m purely speculating on this though I completely just made this up based off reading the article

It seems fair. Salary cap space is an asset just as much as a draft pick could be in some situations.

Kudos to the Browns for executing that Osweiler deal getting the 35th overall pick. I wasn't a fan of the Nick Chubb pick but the early returns look favorable, although Kareem Hunt complicates his situation.

I can't recall why Houston was that desperate that they gave up such a premium pick. They rushed into that deal because they probably didn't think anyone else could make it happen but I think they should've taken some time to make more phone calls.

I am sort of leaning to the sad reality that they sign Geno Smith now that Tyrod makes him expendable.

I am sort of leaning to the sad reality that they sign Geno Smith now that Tyrod makes him expendable.

Well I was told he was better than Tannehill too by a guru here so we should be in good hands.

He signed for someone else? Excellent news. Roll on David Fales

Bunch of twitter reports have us making a late play for Bridgewater who hasn't signed yet w/NO

I'll take 43 starts of Taylor in Buffalo as a better measure of him than three games in Cleveland under a head coach whose decisions were so to so inhibit Baker Mayfield's development that he was canned midseason.

Bottom line: Taylor was decent in Buffalo. You can say he held on to the ball too long...but I'll take a guy throwing 7 picks getting sacked 40 times over a guy throwing 16 getting sacked 30. QBR is a much, much better measure of a quarterback that QB rating as it figures in throwing stats as well as stats, rushing, down, distance, and score....and Taylor was always top half of the league in Buffalo. In fact, two of three seasons he was top ten. And the truth is the sacks didn't stop once Taylor left....Bills QB's were sacked 41 times last year despite throwing less than 500 passes.

I for one don't want to be an organization that drafts high to win. We need to draft well. When Manning was drafted by the Colts there was a huge debate of whether he or Ryan Leaf should be the first pick and it could have went either way.

Same guy who played several of the most God awful starts I've ever seen (in an offense where even guys like Cody Kessler and Deshone Kizer at least moved the ball) was the guy who played in Buffalo. You don't get to pick and choose. If we wanted a guy who did well at times and was capable of several of the most God awful starts you've seen, we've already got that. With a guy like Tyrod who didn't throw a lot of picks but who also struggled to make consistent plays with his arm, the stats do a poor job of telling the story. Tyrod was asked to hand the ball off, throw the ball deep every once in a while, make a few plays with his legs, and let the defense and the running game do the work. His ability to lead an NFL passing attack is less than Tannehill's and just another way to waste a year without being able to properly evaluate or develop the receivers on this team.

Bunch of twitter reports have us making a late play for Bridgewater who hasn't signed yet w/NO

I love Teddy but I worry about his ability to stand behind a weak line and pass down after down after what happened to his knee. I think he worries about that too. He's a nice plan A, but we're definitely gonna need a Plan B too.

Again, how is there any less competitive integrity with drafting a rookie and letting him start?

Maybe you are unfamiliar with Miami’s track record with retread QB’s? They have tried this numerous times and the closest they have ever come to success was with Pennington. All the others were unmitigated failures, including some really talented players like Trent Green and Daunte Culpepper. Of course, people said the same thing about Ray Lucas as I am now hearing Fin fans say about Tyrod. Lucas used to beat us too. How did that work out in Miami again? Tyrod is a lot closer to Ray Kucas then he is to Pennington.
I’m familiar, I think it simply comes down to finding an option that doesn’t embarrass us.

This staff is not trying to worry about getting Tua to save their azz.. they are gonna get rid of all the dead weight, not spend big, and build through the draft.. having a decent player at the most important position until they find their franchise guy is about fielding at least something competent at the position and instilling a culture that everyone can respect and grow.

Folks want us to put out the worst QB we can find just so we can get a high draft pick next year, that’s not the mindset of this coaching staff nor should it be.

We are tearing this thing down as we speak, Doing it the right way, but trying not to be competitive sends the wrong message.

Back
Top Bottom