Tyson v. McBride | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tyson v. McBride

Martel

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
Who's watching this trainwreck tonight? I know I am. I still love Tyson. Boxing purists will probably be watching Miguel Cotto on HBO trying to avenge his only loss (which came as an amateur), but it is hard to not watch Iron Mike.

Marty

Martel said:
Who's watching this trainwreck tonight? I know I am. I still love Tyson. Boxing purists will probably be watching Miguel Cotto on HBO trying to avenge his only loss (which came as an amateur), but it is hard to not watch Iron Mike.

Marty

Why pay for it when it'll be on next saturday (HBO)? I still like Mike (as a Boxer, not a sideshow).

However, I will be watching Cotto vs. Abdullaev. Thank god it's summer (the season for great boxing events).

I'm watching it without a doubt. Jim Lampley was on Sid and Joe (a morning radio show on WFAN) and he said Larry Merchant said it best to him..."There's an English boxer out there who's lost 15 out of 16 bouts. His only win in that time during that stretch was too...Guess who Kevin McBride." This is it for Tyson. If he doesn't put this clown down for the count with a vicious blow, I am done with him!

As far as Cotto goes, I wanted to go to the fight but with Tyson fighting I'd rather watch it on TV so I can see both. It's a revenge fight, Abdullaev beat Cotto for the gold medal at the Olympics. People are buying a lot of stock in Cotto claiming he's the best young fighter on the rise. I'm curious to see him! on a descently big stage in front of a crowd that will be Puerto Rican without a doubt. I went to the Trindad fight and this crowd will be pro Cotto no doubt!

Tyson will knock McBride out to "bolivian" :lol: After that he'll probably never win a fight against a REAL opponent again. I think he's way past his prime and washed up, but his reputation and sideshow antics will keep him in the limelight.

I wouldn't pay .10 to watch this fight

Live from the MCI Center in Washington DC.

Live: Saturday June 11 at 9 p.m. (ET)

Mike TYSON (50-5) vs. Kevin McBRIDE (32-4-1) plus Laila ALI (20-0) vs. Erin TOUGHILL (6-1-1).

Martel said:

Marty

ill be watching the fight here at home, but I've lost love for Tyson.

I'm watching, Tyson's story/character intrigues me

I'm not watching. It's sad, but Tyson's just a shell of his former self. He's a cartoon character pimping for some cash. He used to be my favorite fighter, even through the loss to Lewis. But he's finished now.

I'll be watching. I still love to watch Tyson fight.

The crowd wasn't into the first fight. I wasn't either and can't remember their names. :lol:

Muhammad Ali came into the arena and got the attention of everyone but the refs and fighters. Ali went and visited Tyson in the locker room. The first fight ended 15 seconds into the 5th round because of an accidental headbutt. The guy who got the worse of the headbutt(reason fight ended) won the fight due to the scorecards. He had a huge gash below his eye and another big gash on his actual eyelid. It was nasty looking. The next fight coming up is Laila Ali vs Erin Toughill.

Laila Ali beat the crap out of Erin Toughill. It was over in the third round. Didn't knock her to the ground but she did beat her to death. :lol:

Main event is next but I'm not sure when it will start since these first two fights didn't last long at all.

Back
Top Bottom