U S Military Badges For Current Or Ex-service Members

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
=DisturbedShifty, post: 7909149, member: 15721"]When you say brothers do you mean it in the literal sense or the figurative sense? Because I have heard of family members being in differnet branches but never the same person being in two branches.
Yes figurative sense. It isn’t an all the time but some try other military services.

Fin Fan in Cali

Joanne Shaw Taylor
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
Really? I never have. Not saying it isn't possible, just that I've never seen it before. Without a doubt, I'll take your word for it.
I have ran into a person before that there goal was to serve in each branch of the military. I have served with an enlisted Marine before and I got out and lost touch. Next thing I know he went back to school got his degree, became an officer. He retired a Major in the Marine Corps.

13marino13

THE MASTER (baiter)
Super Donator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I have ran into a person before that there goal was to serve in each branch of the military. I have served with an enlisted Marine before and I got out and lost touch. Next thing I know he went back to school got his degree, became an officer. He retired a Major in the Marine Corps.
Nice, I'm sure I've told you before but I feel one can never show their appreciation enough to those who have served to protect me and my family. Thank you again for your service, I appreciate it John, I really do!

Joe Dolfan

Starter
Reaction score
@deester11 I have never heard of anyone serving in more than one branch. How is that possible?
I actually tried to go back to active Marines, but it was during Clinton's term, and because of cutbacks, they couldn't take prior service NCOs, so I went into the Army for five years. I just don't claim the Army, because I hated it.

Weird. So what dictates having served in a branch? Completing basic training. For each branch?
You've got to serve out the contract terms, which usually includes basic training for that branch. The only exception is when one goes from the Marines to another branch, and then basic training is skipped, as it's generally accepted that it'd be a waste of time.

Last edited:

DisturbedShifty

Shifty Gold
Administrator
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I actually tried to go back to active Marines, but it was during Clinton's term, and because of cutbacks, they couldn't take prior service NCOs, so I went into the Army for five years. I just don't claim the Army, because I hated it.

You've got to serve out the contract terms, which usually includes basic training for that branch. The only exception is when one goes from the Marines to another branch, and then basic training is skipped, as it's generally accepted that it'd be a waste of time.
Well alrighty then. Guess I will see if the site will let me give him both badges then. Not you. The other guy.

NCFINFAN13

The Phinsuckery Continues
Finheaven VIP
Reaction score
I also knew a couple of brothers (figuratively) that were crossovers. One was a former Marine, the other was a former Airforce Search and Rescue. There was even a cat from the French Foreign Legion in the 82nd when I was there. Tall Afrikkaner guy from Rhodesia - tough as nails but always smiling.

Top Bottom