U S Military Badges For Current Or Ex-service Members | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U S Military Badges For Current Or Ex-service Members

13marino13

Goosfraba...
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
United States Air Force 1993-1998, E-4 Senior Airmen, Avionics.
Basic Training - Lackland AFB San Antonio Texas
Tech School - Lowry AFB, Denver Colorado
First base - Osan AB South Korea
Last Base - Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage Alaska
Thank you for your service Brother!

Buddy

Right Wing Nut Job
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
United States Air Force 1993-1998, E-4 Senior Airmen, Avionics.
Basic Training - Lackland AFB San Antonio Texas
Tech School - Lowry AFB, Denver Colorado
First base - Osan AB South Korea
Last Base - Elmendorf AFB, Anchorage Alaska

I was stationed at Ft. Richardson from 95-98. I spent a lot of time at Elmendorf, way better food and PX.

Ray R

Club Member
Reaction score

That's what caught my attention. I was a 2831, a Radio Relay Repairman 1965 - 1971.

I am currently an amature target shooter i.e. Bullseye shooting, benchrest shooting and anything else I can try with adequate room to increase my proficiency. That's right; I'm not a very good shot one handed, not too bad two handed and Thank God for benchrest shooting, where I can ignore all my unsteadiness.

I shot a friends 6mmBR at his 100 yard front yard range.

I used to think a 2" or 3" group at 100 yards was pretty good. My first group was 3/4", my second group was under 1/2 inch and my last group was 1/4". A custom rifle with a 2 ounce trigger (that's right, a 2 ounce trigger) in a benchrest caliber with a 36 power scope and custom made ammo is a thing to behold.

I have a #4 Enfield MK I (made in 1947 and rebuilt (FTR'd) by the British in 1959 with a South African barrel which are considered among the most accurate barrels available for this gun. I had it set up by a British armorer and he had it shooting 1.5" to 1.75" groups at 100 yards. Something happened to this rifle last year. It became easier to clean (1/2 as many patches required to clean it and they felt smoother going through) and the group size fell below 1 MOA at 100 yards using commercial ammo.

I would love to hear any explanation that can account for this kind of change and no, it wasn't an increase in my shooting accuracy.

I also have a Commander 1911 from Magnum Research. This gun is very accurate at 7 to 10 yards with irons sights using Winchester White Box ball ammo. I had a new barrel and bushing installed. It shot even better but the barrel bushing cracked and was almost impossible to remove. A new barrel bushing was installed. The slide would not always go into battery when manually racking the slide. I put in a heavier return spring (20 lb. as opposed to the std. 18 lb. spring) and surprisingly an inch shorter. Going into battery was no longer a problem and the slide was actually easier to rack. Accuracy is still excellent, but after only 150 rounds, the new bushing cracked. I have ordered a new 1911 commander bushing and hope will end my problem with cracked bushings.

Was this ever much of a problem (cracked bushings) in your experience with 1911's?

Last edited:
Top Bottom