U S Military Badges For Current Or Ex-service Members | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U S Military Badges For Current Or Ex-service Members

My Grandfather served 1916-1919
US Army Medic - Corporal
European Theater/ Fort Polk, Louisiana

My Uncle served 1941-1944
US Army - 2nd Armored Division
SGT E-5 Machine Gun Squad Leader
KIA Battle of the Bulge Dec 1944
Bronze Star Winner

My son served 1980-1983
US Army - 3rd Armored Division
Corporal - Mortor Squad
Grafenwohr, Germany

I served
US Army SGT E-5
JAN 1966 - DEC 1967
STRATCOM Communication Center, Frankfurt, Germany
DEC 1967 - DEC 1968
23 Infantry Div - 1st Signal Brigade
Long Behn, Vietnam

Thank you for your salute to all my Brothers and Sisters who have ever served in the Armed Forces. Also, thank you for allowing me to show my family's proud military participation over the last 100 years.

Never served myself but my Great Grandfather served in WW2 (Army, unsure of rank but he saw legitimate action, bullets flying) after coming over not too many years ago from Germany. They actually vetted him like a spy when he enlisted.

I also have two uncles who have served in the Navy, one worked pretty high up for a Naval prison. Not like elite high up but great for someone who started at the bottom.

Anyway, thank everyone who has served.

I served onboard the USS Charles F Adams (DDG2) out of Mayport, FL when I was in [1969-73]. We had two major deployments and a yard period in between. Usually chased the Rosie (USS Franklin D Roosevelt - CV42) or Sara (USS Saratoga, CVA60 at that time), as well as a STANAVORLANT (Nato naval destroyer training) cruise with a couple of stops at friendly little places like Nova Scotia, Scotland, anchored out in the Thames in London, and then the usual stops in the Med! [Does the US Navy make every tin can spend a week in Barcelona???] We listened to the Phins on ARFRATS while deployed in the Med and got most of the 72 games that way - but it could be a tad touchy. The Adams had a whole lot of Miami Dolphins fans onboard. Got out, went back to college, began a teaching career, and then the Lord smacked me on the back of the head, and I just retired as a United Methodist pastor last June.

I served onboard the USS Charles F Adams (DDG2) out of Mayport, FL when I was in [1969-73]. We had two major deployments and a yard period in between. Usually chased the Rosie (USS Franklin D Roosevelt - CV42) or Sara (USS Saratoga, CVA60 at that time), as well as a STANAVORLANT (Nato naval destroyer training) cruise with a couple of stops at friendly little places like Nova Scotia, Scotland, anchored out in the Thames in London, and then the usual stops in the Med! [Does the US Navy make every tin can spend a week in Barcelona???] We listened to the Phins on ARFRATS while deployed in the Med and got most of the 72 games that way - but it could be a tad touchy. The Adams had a whole lot of Miami Dolphins fans onboard. Got out, went back to college, began a teaching career, and then the Lord smacked me on the back of the head, and I just retired as a United Methodist pastor last June.

Awarded a Navy badge

Thank you for your service Rev and welcome aboard :UP:

Grazi... Had a lot of fun, and spent some time scared ****less, but all in all, good experience. Odds are I will never see the Vatican again (I am Methodist!) and the Pieta. But, saw a lot between Venezuela and Turkey and Iceland. This is a beautiful world, people.

Grazi... Had a lot of fun, and spent some time scared ****less, but all in all, good experience. Odds are I will never see the Vatican again (I am Methodist!) and the Pieta. But, saw a lot between Venezuela and Turkey and Iceland. This is a beautiful world, people.
You should throw a wazzup? at @Rev Kev, FH's long-standing Man Of The Cloth and devoted Fins fan.

Back
Top Bottom