UCF HC George O'Leary denies Louisville quarterback DaMarcus Smith release from LOI | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UCF HC George O'Leary denies Louisville quarterback DaMarcus Smith release from LOI

X-Pacolypse

Active Roster
Reaction score
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...marcus-smith-release-20110329,0,3999767.story

UCF coach George O'Leary said he has declined to release four-star Louisville quarterback DaMarcus Smith from his letter of intent.

O'Leary said Smith's mother contacted him Monday night to say her son was seeking a release from his letter of intent.

"I met with him a month ago and he basically talked to me about that situation, and he left me saying he was 100 percent a Knight," O'Leary said, alluding to rumors dating back to February that Smith was unhappy with his decision and planned to ask to be released from his letter of intent. "But every time he goes back to the Louisville area, it seems to be questionable what's taking place there.

"His mother did call me last night and expressed that they'd like a release and I told her no. And that if they have to do what they have to do as far as an appeal, they have to do that. But they're not getting a release from UCF."

Back
Top Bottom