UCF will not play Florida next year! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UCF will not play Florida next year!

Skeet84 said:
Ummmm USF went 8-4 in a BCS conference. That does not count for anything? They almost won the Big East Last year! I game away from a BCS game is with the Big Boys

Well, that's you putting a ton of faith in the Big East.
Don't buy it myself, not at all but to each his own.

Trekbiz said:
Well, that's you putting a ton of faith in the Big East.
Don't buy it myself, not at all but to each his own.

Well I am not saying they are ready to go to a BCS, But they are getting better every year it seems. To each his own is right

USF will be a top 15-25 program within 10 years. Jim Leavitt is doing an amazing job here in bringing in and developing talent. In just 10 years USF has gone from a brand new team, getting spanked by Citadel in their opener to a player in a major conference. With one of the deepest HS talent pools in the nation, they will only get better.

spydertl79 said:
USF will be a top 15-25 program within 10 years. Jim Leavitt is doing an amazing job here in bringing in and developing talent. In just 10 years USF has gone from a brand new team, getting spanked by Citadel in their opener to a player in a major conference. With one of the deepest HS talent pools in the nation, they will only get better.

They will only be good, But they better hold onto Jim Leavitt and all its gunna take is one Rutgers season and he will be gone unless he gets paid. I am actually kinda Surprised more teams have not already made a run at him.

Again, this has nothing to do with UCF deciding they were "scared" of playing UF. Silly stuff.

...As far as the schedule, the season-opener at Florida appears dead because UF has agreed in principle to play Western Kentucky in the slot that previously was UCF's. UCF wanted out, and O'Leary said that was about getting more home games and not about shying away from teams the caliber of UF.

O'Leary wants six home games a year in the new stadium, including contests against big-name opponents willing to come to Orlando.

Just a good move by O'Leary for the program.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...cucf1106dec11,0,5462714.story?coll=tf-knights

Skeet84 said:
They will only be good, But they better hold onto Jim Leavitt and all its gunna take is one Rutgers season and he will be gone unless he gets paid. I am actually kinda Surprised more teams have not already made a run at him.
I believe Leavitt cutoff any suitors by claiming he was staying at USF right after the season ended. I believe he was a consideration either at Alabama or Miami.

finswin56 said:
I believe Leavitt cutoff any suitors by claiming he was staying at USF right after the season ended. I believe he was a consideration either at Alabama or Miami.

No he was not in Contention for either one of those jobs. He has not had a great season to put him over the top. He needs one big year

Skeet84 said:
No he was not in Contention for either one of those jobs. He has not had a great season to put him over the top. He needs one big year
That's not what I heard on the radio early into the searches.

finswin56 said:
That's not what I heard on the radio early into the searches.

Alabama has to get someone really good!! Now Miami does not have alot of money and are really in trouble in that aspect, So maybe he was there. I don't think he was a real contender for either job. I do think he will be a very good coach in the future.

Skeet84 said:
Alabama has to get someone really good!! Now Miami does not have alot of money and are really in trouble in that aspect, So maybe he was there. I don't think he was a real contender for either job. I do think he will be a very good coach in the future.
How high he was on the lists is something I'll never know, I just remember being surprised about hearing his name. It's not that he hasn't done a fine job, it was exactly for the reasons you just explained.

Back
Top Bottom