UDFA Pick ups | Page 16 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UDFA Pick ups

Can you say "MIAMI FRONT OFFICE finally concerned about red zone talent?" lol

Parker, Lippett, and now Akpejiori.

Sounds like someone actually bought a clue and is trying to fix a problem that has been here for years, in the form of the Hartlines and Besses and Clays (small, non-redzone impact TE) such -- terrible redzone talent. Looks like that is being addressed.

LD

Don't forget about Ajayi near the goalline!

Can you say "MIAMI FRONT OFFICE finally concerned about red zone talent?" lol

Parker, Lippett, and now Akpejiori.

Sounds like someone actually bought a clue and is trying to fix a problem that has been here for years, in the form of the Hartlines and Besses and Clays (small, non-redzone impact TE) such -- terrible redzone talent. Looks like that is being addressed.

LD
Lippett is here as a cornerback and on special teams. He's not coming here as a WR.
Btw - The guy you forgot to mention who will be a good red zone target is Jordan Cameron our new TE.

Lippett is here as a cornerback and on special teams. He's not coming here as a WR.
Btw - The guy you forgot to mention who will be a good red zone target is Jordan Cameron our new TE.

Yep, need to mention Cameron too.

But Lippett is a WR and CB. He could easily spot up as a WR for certain packages.

LD

Yep, need to mention Cameron too.

But Lippett is a WR and CB. He could easily spot up as a WR for certain packages.

LD

Agree could definitely see them put in a red zone package for him at some point - maybe not till he gets a little comfortable at CB. I mean why not.

Tim Semisch , TE , Northern Illinois (tryout) 6'7", 267

Raphael Akpejiori TE , Miami (tryout) 6'9", 241

May be, we don't have red zone problem?

Akpejiori played basketball for the Canes...he wasn't a very good basketball player though lol.

Akpejiori played basketball for the Canes...he wasn't a very good basketball player though lol.

Could he box out, play physical, and catch the ball?

Some of the best TEs have a basketball background, able to use their basketball skills and athleticism to win contested throws.

LD

@flasportsbuzz: Illinois State OL Michael Liedtke joins Dolphins (agent Brett Tessler announces), as does Georgia defensive end Ray Drew.

The defense scheme at georgia is kind of odd. He just may be a real find in a conventional defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
The defense scheme at georgia is kind of odd. He just may be a real find in a conventional defense.

Ray Drew was HIGHLY recruited coming out of high school. Was one of the crown jewels in a Georgia class that was suppose to turn everything around, but never happened. Not sure why he didn't play up to potential, but the kid definitely has some upside. The minute we picked up Anthony Johnson last year out of LSU I knew if he played to potential he would make the team, and be a damn good linemen. This year Ray Drew is my pick. He definitely has all the tools.

I LOVE the signings of Ray Drew and Ellis McCarthy. Both had a lot of hype out of HS and fell a little short of expectations. But they have physical talent in spades. Gave both high 4th round grades. Best 2 signings by far

I didnt see it listed anywhere but Hutson Mason is listed as a tryout with us. I really wanted us to take him with our 6th round pick. Not sure if anyone else likes him at all.

DE Will Schwarz from Saginaw Valley State is being brought in for a tryout. He's 6'4" 257 and is a real good athlete who had a good pro day. Can play OLB too.

I'm ok giving him a tryout, much like Loboto last year. I think there are better options for the fourth arm in training camp.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 PM ----------

Is there a set tryout day? or are the tryouts on different days

I think they'll look at him during the upcoming rookie camp session. It's usually just a couple of weeks after the draft.

Back
Top Bottom