UDFA Signings | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UDFA Signings

After we selected Phillips I think the FO started looking at the roster for players to replace.

This came down to Matt Skura being a lot better than Bobby McCain or Jesse Davis. I think Myles Gaskin and Jerome Baker had quite the clenched butthole until that 3rd round was over because they were likely the other players on that list of candidates for replacement.

After we selected Phillips I think the FO started looking at the roster for players to replace.

This came down to Matt Skura being a lot better than Bobby McCain or Jesse Davis. I think Myles Gaskin and Jerome Baker had quite the clenched butthole until that 3rd round was over because they were likely the other players on that list of candidates for replacement.
If your drafted before the current coach is hired your butt is a target.

Urban wanted K. Toney with that 2nd pick in the 1st round but he went off the board to the Giants a couple picks earlier so they settled for Etienne. Strange choice though IMO having Robinson but that's Meyer.

Urban wanted K. Toney with that 2nd pick in the 1st round but he went off the board to the Giants a couple picks earlier so they settled for Etienne. Strange choice though IMO having Robinson but that's Meyer.
Urban said during the draft that he was in contact with other team(s) about acquiring a TE. They did not draft a TE until much later even though it was tied with QB with being their biggest need. Then, we draft a TE. I thought strongly at the time that there might be a Gesicki for Robinson trade, as both players were excellent fits for the other teams. It didn't happen, but who knows.

Urban said during the draft that he was in contact with other team(s) about acquiring a TE. They did not draft a TE until much later even though it was tied with QB with being their biggest need. Then, we draft a TE. I thought strongly at the time that there might be a Gesicki for Robinson trade, as both players were excellent fits for the other teams. It didn't happen, but who knows.
Also we didn't draft a RB until 7th, another factor.

Yeah, who knows.....maybe he'll have a good year and rush for 1,070 yards as rookie, 4.5 ypc, score 10 touchdowns, and have 49 catches. Kind of like the rookie that had that did that last year.....and who did it with no passing game around them.

It's not a good idea to draft Etienne in the first round, let alone when you already had a workhorse back.
Good post. And it's not only that. RBs don't get second contracts very often in this league because of their short shelf lives and the fact that most of them are easily replaceable. So to take one in the first at the start of a rebuild is asinine. Dumbest pick of the draft.

I'm not his biggest fan, but he is a home run back and a huge weapon for Lawrence and Clemson over his time there. That's a great fit.

Seems like they could have gotten alot more bang for buck on another position.
Etienne is not starting over that monster they already have there.

Who's even left?

Howard, Sanders, Parker, Wilson, Grant, Gesicki, Smythe, Baker, McCain, Davis....

Who am I missing without looking it up?
Not many are there and McCain and Smythe and Grant are on thin ice imo after this draft and possibly Wilson.

Back
Top Bottom