Originally posted by dolfan06
do you take a valium before you get on here? So relax, it's OOOOOOO.....KKKKKKKKKK.
Some Finheaven member tell me they get to the point where they feel like they have forgotten how to relax. Taking a few quiet moments for some quiet meditation can work wonders for relieving stress. Try these steps:
1. Find a quiet place and a comfortable chair or spot on the floor.
2. Become aware of your breathing. Breathe in and out through your nose, with each breath coming from your stomach instead of your chest. Let your breathing become slow and deep.
3. Close your eyes and relax the muscles of your body while clearing your mind of distractions.
4. It might be helpful to silently repeat a word like "one" or "peace." Concentrate and focus your mind on this word.
5. If any distracting thoughts arise, simply observe them without further thinking about them. Imagine them as clouds floating across the sky, then refocus your mind on the phrase.