UFC: Couture vs Liddell 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFC: Couture vs Liddell 2

CharlestonPhan

just a little cattywampus
Reaction score
thoughts on saturday, april 16 UFC?

i think Couture retains the title personally. i dont think Liddell has anything to counter his ground game. and Randy has shown he can take a punch (not to mention trade them with the best). his only concern as he gets older is making sure his conditioning is where it needs to be now that he is getting older. moving down away from fighting the huge guys to light heavy was the smartest move he could make.

hope it is a good fight though...

saw this coming.

Randy was talking how the title and the outcome of this match was meaningless. Told me that he was setting up the 3rd "RUBBER MATCH".

Not saying it was fixed, but anyone who saw Randy's interviews leading into the fight.. it made no sense.

This should be interesting, I just learned about these guy from Spike's UFC thingy. Who won the first bout.

Randy won the 1st match

so much for my prognostication skills... Randy shocked Chuck by standing up and punching with Liddell the first time, but i think he should've gone for the ground and pound from the beginning last night. he chose to stand and throw punches with Liddell, and that played into his hands. Liddell was much more focused than he was in the first fight and to his credit stated he didnt take Couture seriously the first time out. he is a better striker than Couture, and caught him flush and one punch KO'd Randy, for those who didnt see it. they traded punches for the two minutes leading up to the KO with Liddell getting the better of it but Couture landing some shots. i agree there will likely be a third and deciding contest down the line, as stated in another post in this thread.

Matt Hughes's fight with Trigg was interesting as well, with Hughes taking a knee to the nuts early and crumpling. he looked to the ref for a injury stoppage, and kind ofhunched over and stepped away to the side. the ref did not grant him the stoppage and Trigg took advantage (rightfully so) andstarted landing massive shots to Hughes' head. he got top position (side mount maybe?) and hit Hughes with several shots. the ref should've likely stopped it at that point but didnt. after finally shaking off the low blow he was able to defend himself and reverse positions with Trigg (but not before giving Trigg his back, though Trigg couldnt take advantage of it and choke him out), who had gassed himself a bit going for the kill. Hughesgot some shots in and Trigg gave up his back, which lead to Hughes choking him out.

Back
Top Bottom