Ugly Offensive Performance in a WIN.. A WIN | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ugly Offensive Performance in a WIN.. A WIN

RUDEbyallMEANS

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
It was difficult watching this offense play, no lie...
But this is what I gathered..

Miami struggled mightily offensively.. The o-line struggled with the very aggressive Giants D-line, Fiedler overthrew many times to the receiver he targeted and Ricky had nowhere to run with Giants determined to not only slow him down, but completely stop him..

The defense on the other hand was the opposite.. Very opportunistic and a classic bend but dont break type defense.. You start to feel the difference Seau, Buckley, Zgonina and Knight have made on this defensive unit in the way that they don't get discouraged when the offense makes a mistake or when the opponent does indeed get a good drive on them.. This defense seems much more mentally prepared for every situation and just have that certain swagger that I haven't seen in a long time, if ever..

This win is just that.. A win against a very strong NFC opponent

Every win does not have to be pretty but this team does have some things to work on.. Such as run blocking and QB accuracy drills along with pass blocking..

Everyone would love to see a win like the win against Buffalo every Sunday.. But against well balanced teams like the Giants, it just won't happen.

But looking forward to next week, I stated 3 weeks ago (after Miami lost to the Texans) that if indeed Miami beat the Jets, Bills and Giants in their next 3 games, will they get overly arrogant and overlook the Jaguars?? It's a valid question and something that Miami has shown in the past...

Agreed RBAM, it was a ugly win, usually when miami O plays this bad, it's a lost, but this team is finding a way to win, that's inspiring, that will serve us well heading forward. The vets are helping to keep this team calm, I agree, also the guys are maturing and that's also helping explaining the D's distaste for opponents getting in the endzone. The O did come back and play strong in the last qtr. to seal this game when they had to. That's also a positive, the have the wherewithall to exsert their will when neccessary. It's early and I'm not sure, but this team may have learned to win despite all. Will they keep their wit in dec. when all around them is in tremult. that's the question I can't wait to see them answer. But 2 road game wins in places they don't ususally win is very impressive, especially against the Giants.

4 words - "it is a win"

we'll take it.... we've lost ugly, i'll take an ugly win...

DMFINFAN.. Exactly.. This team seems as though they are not allowing excuses to hold them down or stop them from winning a game.. I was more than pleased with the defense and with this defense showing what they're made of in the last 2 games...

It is very promising..

Only if the offense would get to the 2002 pre-fiedler injury form..

Back
Top Bottom