Ugoh's Whirlwind Before Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ugoh's Whirlwind Before Draft

CpuFan

Active Roster
Reaction score
This is a nice article on Ugoh went thru these past few days before the draft.
My favorite parts are ...

After flying more than 5,000 miles over six days last week to visit five N.F.L. teams, the former Arkansas left tackle Tony Ugoh learned something.

Ugoh flew from Kansas City to San Francisco a week ago. He visited with five N.F.L. teams in six days.

“A lot of flying will wear anybody out,†said Ugoh, 23, who is listed as 6 feet 5 inches and 305 pounds. “I handled it, but I thought it’d be a lot easier. You lose a lot of energy flying.â€Â

And this as well..

Ugoh said that he set his cellphone alarm for 6:15 a.m., but he slept through it. He awoke at 6:55, only after hearing the other player open the door to leave. “He was like, ‘Nice ring tone,’ †Ugoh said. “He started giggling and pretty much walked right out of the room. I thought it was kind of messed up that he was going to let me oversleep.â€Â

Ugoh rushed to the lobby just in time; he did not say another word to the other prospect.

“That showed me how competitive it is,†he said. “I guess we were in direct competition and I didn’t know. I wouldn’t have figured so. I guess it’s every man fo himself.â€Â

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/24/sports/football/24meetings.html?ref=football

Back
Top Bottom