Uh Oh.....Gadsden - Business or Football (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Uh Oh.....Gadsden - Business or Football (merged)

inFINSible

Don't believe everything you think.
Reaction score
Uh OG.....

This OG thing is dividing the team......
link

If he REALLY wanted to play he would have.......it's all about the money on BOTH sides.
F'in sad..:nono:

Marion admitted he didn't know all the particulars of his friend's contract negotiations.
they should read more about this before getting upset. How can the Fins give a guy who many thought would have to retire because of foot problems a 5 year deal

Rick was doing what was best for the team and that is what matters:
Spielman said the team saw Gadsden's situation as a medical issue, and agent Michael Todd turned it into a money issue, basing his playing availability, specifically his decision on whether to put off surgery, on a new contract.

I like OG and I respect him as a player. He makes some awesome catches and is as tough as they come. That being said, what has he ever won? I know it's a team game and all, but the players on this team has't won a thing and until they do, every one of them is subject to questions and doubts. THey always have excuses and reasons for why they lose games....You never hear a player say," I'm just not good enough to get the job done". It's up to Rick and Dave to decide when an asset becomes a liability and they have a tough job with many egos and psyches to massage, sometimes decisions are going to have to be made that the player doesn't agree with but,TS! They have to decide what a certain player is worth. If that player thinks they are worth more(which,most do) then they get huffy and feel like the "franchise" is not supporting them properly.....wahhhhhhhh......Sorry to pay you millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME!!!! Now the time comes when we need OG to take one for the team and he holds us hostage for more than what he is worth. F him! He spit in the face of the franchise that gave his arena league refugee ass a chance in the pros. He should be ashamed.

I heard that to further piss OG off, the Fins are starting a joint venture w/CC, Sr and Jr for a new clothing line called "Cool Clothes" ;)

Marion played like **** agianst Buffalo he shouldnt be talking yet:o

Marion is another one that overvalues himself.....He had his chance on the open market and when he couldn't get what he wanted he came back and the Dolphins made him a MILLIONAIRE 5 TIMES OVER!!!!!!! Yet he feels like the Dolphins and Cowboys didn't give him enough. Maybe he should try WORKING for a living before he crys about ONLY being a multimillionaire.
He needs to stop playing like a bitch because he sure is acting like one.

I wouldn't worry about this...we had people pissed off about Gardener's release too. It will all work itself out.

Gadsden will find a team to pay him, but let's face it, he is probably done in Miami.

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87
I wouldn't worry about this...we had people pissed off about Gardener's release too. It will all work itself out.

Gadsden will find a team to pay him, but let's face it, he is probably done in Miami.
I do not expect it to hurt the team if we are winning.

IMO OG will not get paid much more than the Vet Min from any team; and my end up back in Miami if he does not burn his bridges - just like Brock.

You know loyalty goes both ways. Gadsden was humping it in the arena league until Miami gives him a shot. Even when they kept him the first camp, it wasn't because he was setting the field on fire, it was because he had "potential". Now that he has developed into a league starter, he forgets where he came from. Also, we all need to remember that after this year we are going to be in a serious salary cap bind as many of the defensive starters will peak on thier deals. I would rather see us use that money to retain Madison, Surtain, Taylor, Thomas etc. We can replace OG, we can't replace those guys.

Orande needs to suck it up take a deal and show some loyalty to the team that took him out of that $25k Arena job. He has made some spectacular grabs, but statistically he is just an average NFL starter.

Good thread! Many excellent points, which I agree with. IMO both sides are doing what's best for themselves, and I can't blame anybody. I think this is being handled correctly.

Why would the Dolphins want to give a guy with a bum wrist and foot a big contract before they can evaluate the seriousness of his wrist injury?? Doesn't make sense, Spielman is a level headed wise man, a damn good exec.

On the flip side, why would Orande want to risk his entire financial future? Just to big of risk if you ask me, the man's got kids. So, he gets all healed up and gets his contract (which by the way won't be anymore then what we're offering!!) and the Dolphins don't have to risk it with a injured player.

IMO everybody wins. The players who are critizing the Phins need to get over themselves, but I can't blame them to hard for sticking up for their boys. We have the luxury of seeing both sides of the story, wheras they do not.

I think the organization is handling it fine. OG and his agent are morons. His free agent value aint crap. League minimum, maybe a little more. Now he probably could've gotten the deal he wanted, but you don't tell the team that gave you a chance,"Give me a contract I'll play, no contract and I'll have surgery." That is just nuts and Rick & Co. did the right job replacing him. Period point blank.

This is all stupid....

OG should be thankful we kept him around as long as we have...

Sure, he's made some great catches in clutch situations, but where was he going???....He's old, and slow. He's also been experiencing some nagging injuries over the last few years that have hurt his game as well....

He's not that difficult to replace IMO. In fact, D. Ward was doing just as much as OG was this season as far as production goes...

C. Carter is an upgrade over O. Gadsden in every way, shape, and form. He's a leader, and a winner who brings his A game every Sunday....

I hate to say it, but OG is lucky he ever got an opportunity in the NFL at all....He just doesn't fit in as a #2 WR. I never thought lining him up opposite C. Chambers was a good idea. You need more sped at wide-out than OG has.....He was not much of a threat as a #2 WR.

Look at the Bills WR's{Moulds / Price / Reed}.....Those are the kind of WR's that scare secondaries.....

Bringing in C. Carter is more than just replacing OG. It's making our WR core much more dangerous than it was previously....

Once the season is over, the Phinz need to look into signing a top notch veteran WR to go along with C. Chambers.....I think there are two in St. Louis right now that I wouldn't mind signing...

Most of this stuff regarding bad blood betweem the team and OG is all BS.....R. Spielman is a great guy, and he wouldn't let OG leave on bad terms. I've even heard D.W. say he wants to keep OG around next year. Who knows???....

PFT is known for spreading vicious rumors as well.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

if you have forgotten the good stuff on OG, here is a nice little tribute: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...6114659.photogallery?coll=sfla-dolphins-front

OG is a solid WR who should probably be a 3rd WR on this team, but is better than Ward and McK. He has slowed down to the point a lot due to injuries and does not seem to get as many mismatches in coverage as he used to, i.e. Macklins on the Dolts for example.

CC will still need to convince me that he is as good as OG now - certainly in 2000 he was, but what about now ?

Either way the team did the right things - who would rather have Reidel Anthony or Sean Dawkins instead of Carter ?

Gadsden - Business Decision or Football Decision

I read articles in Miami Herald today that some Dolphin players are privately and Brock Marion is publicly upset at Management for signing Carter which forced Gadsden to elect surgery and sit out. They think that Management should have extended Gadsden' contract and he would have played through the injury.

Why do players have to take sides like in the D. Gardener case?
If anything Gadsden could have played with the injury but he made a personal/business decision and not a football decision. Why is it okay for him to make a business decision and not the team to?

Personally, I am glad he does not want to play through the injury because I would rather have a healthy C. Carter than to have an injured Gadsden. But players are wrongly in taking sides to threaten Team Chemistry.

Back
Top Bottom