UM and MSU should be first two picks in draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UM and MSU should be first two picks in draft

I dont like Branch very much anymore. I'd rather go offense. Im not even picky on who. Ginn, Levi Brown, Jarett, i dont care. one of them is good in my book.

Dwayen Bowe from LSU has really made a name for himself in the Senior Bowl. I'm not sure where he's projected to go at this point but if he's projected as a second rounder I would take him and get something else in the first round. I don't like Ginn. He doesn't run good routes and he drops a lot of passes. It would be nice to have someone on this team that doesn't drop a lot of passes.

Dwayen Bowe from LSU has really made a name for himself in the Senior Bowl. I'm not sure where he's projected to go at this point but if he's projected as a second rounder I would take him and get something else in the first round. I don't like Ginn. He doesn't run good routes and he drops a lot of passes. It would be nice to have someone on this team that doesn't drop a lot of passes.

Mid to late 1st

Drew Staton? No way. Jared Zabransky of Boise State would be a better choice. No one is tougher, he has the skills and given our new coach's rep for working with QBs, Jared's only down side, the occasional poor decision - trying to do too much - can be mitigated. I am a big believer in using the TE as an integral part of the offense, not just blocking. Derek Schouman is your man. Goodness knows we need help on the OL and Ryan Keating 6’4†319 is an outstanding OT.

Need D? Cory Hall and Colt Brooks are two guys that can play! No BS just good solid play and good solid character.

Here is the bottom line. Boise State has done so well because we look for quality, not flash. Character, not out of control ego. It is high time for all you easterners to get over yourselves and lose the east coast prejudice and see the talent that is really out there.
so your quoting how good a team is that plays in the WAC?!!?!? Common bro, I respect what they did, but to say Jared is better than Stanton. I dont know, I watched Zabransky in the Hula Bowl, and his arm rivals that of Pennington!!! I dont know about this east coast, west coast stuff, but the talent is what it is!!!

Drew Staton? No way. Jared Zabransky of Boise State would be a better choice. No one is tougher, he has the skills and given our new coach's rep for working with QBs, Jared's only down side, the occasional poor decision - trying to do too much - can be mitigated. I am a big believer in using the TE as an integral part of the offense, not just blocking. Derek Schouman is your man. Goodness knows we need help on the OL and Ryan Keating 6’4†319 is an outstanding OT.

Need D? Cory Hall and Colt Brooks are two guys that can play! No BS just good solid play and good solid character.

Here is the bottom line. Boise State has done so well because we look for quality, not flash. Character, not out of control ego. It is high time for all you easterners to get over yourselves and lose the east coast prejudice and see the talent that is really out there.

Who's biased? UM and MSU are midwest schools.

1st round:
OT Levi Brown or LB Patrick Willis

2nd round
OG Ben Grubb or Drew Stanton or best DB available

Korey Hall in later rounds

:lol: WTF are you talking about?? Do you realize how many people here want Dwayne Jarrett with our first pick? Or wanted Colt Brennan? Doesn't get more western than that. Get real man, there is no east coast bias in here, that ridiculous.

Disclaimer: If you meant that as a joke.........ya got me. :D

Detroit maybe, no way Oakland does though IMO. They have a very similar guy in Andrew Walter.

I don't know about that. I liked Walter coming out, I was really pulling for
us to take him or Charlie Frye in third that year- they both went right before, can't complain about Channing Crowder, though. (I wonder what would have happened if we didn't pull that boner of a trade for Lamar Gordon).

But Walter is rather immobile and to make matters worse their line blows.
Stanton is a pure athlete with a good arm, great mobility- I'm not sold on
Stanton, but I just can't see the direct comparison to Walter.

I don't know about that. I liked Walter coming out, I was really pulling for
us to take him or Charlie Frye in third that year- they both went right before, can't complain about Channing Crowder, though. (I wonder what would have happened if we didn't pull that boner of a trade for Lamar Gordon).

But Walter is rather immobile and to make matters worse their line blows.
Stanton is a pure athlete with a good arm, great mobility- I'm not sold on
Stanton, but I just can't see the direct comparison to Walter.

Yeah good point on the mobility. I just see them as somewhat similar otherwise. Both have good arms. Who knows, especially with the Raiders! :lol:

round 1
From the University of Michigan... DT-Alan Branch. Our NG for the next 10 years

round 2
From Michigan State University....QB-Drew Staton. Cameron should turn this guy into a better version of Drew Brees. He's bigger and possesses a stronger arm. Just needs the coaching. I hope he's there when we pick in the 2nd round

Just say no to Alan Branch. We already have his identical twin in Manny Wright...6-6 330 lbs

Do we need one more NT? Yes. But we can wait another year with Fred Evans, Big Daddy, and maybe re-sign Keith Traylor...

Branch and Wright are pretty tall for a prototypical NT. They are about as tall as a DT/DE if you ask me...

1st round:
OT Levi Brown or LB Patrick Willis

2nd round
OG Ben Grubb or Drew Stanton or best DB available

Korey Hall in later rounds

I'd be pissed mad if we selected Levi Brown at #9. He is a RT and he was beaten inside quite a few times during Thursday's Senior Bowl practice.

Joe Staley, Ugoh, Free, or Sears are about as talented and can be there in the 2nd round.

Nevertheless, I'd sign Steinbach or Davis via FA than draft Brown in round one...:shakeno:

I'm not sold on Drew Stanton. Intrigued, but not sold. I also think that either Detroit or Oakland is going to snap him up in the top of round 2 if
one of them doesn't go QB in round 1.

You read my thoughts...DET isnt going to draft Quinn at #2. They are strongly interested in drafting Joe Thomas in round 1. So I can see them targeting Stanton with the #2 pick in the 2nd round.

We should target Kalil in round 2. I would say Staley...but I think OAK will select him with the #1 pick in the 2nd round...since they will select Jamarcus Russell #1 overall and have a pitiful OLine.

I'd be pissed mad if we selected Levi Brown at #9. He is a RT and he was beaten inside quite a few times during Thursday's Senior Bowl practice.

Joe Staley, Ugoh, Free, or Sears are about as talented and can be there in the 2nd round.

Nevertheless, I'd sign Steinbach or Davis via FA than draft Brown in round one...:shakeno:

Yea, Brown was beaten inside a few times during a practice, let alone one where it may as well have been walk throughs, since they only wore thier helmets. How'd he do during full go practices?

Back
Top Bottom