Unacceptable!!! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Unacceptable!!!

236 yards rushing for the Cowboys
Don't be disingenuous, I bolded the part of your post I was referring to.
"Time of Possession Dolphins 29:04 Cowboys 30:56"

So the Dolphins defense was on the field for more than 50% of the time. That margin was a lot larger, in favor of the Cowboys, in the second half. So my point still stands. The Dolphins offense can not run the ball and scores very little points. This leaves the Dolphins defense, which also has many of it's own weaknesses, on the field a lot longer than they should be. Anyone who says that is false is being disingenuous.

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have the best offensive line and rushing attack in the NFL.

Defense did a decent job in the 1st half then fell totally apart in the 2nd half, did the exact same thing last week.

Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have the best offensive line and rushing attack in the NFL.

Defense did a decent job in the 1st half then fell totally apart in the 2nd half, did the exact same thing last week.

They certainly hold extremely well (and often)!

I guess it's all about looking pretty when you do it!

They certainly hold extremely well (and often)!

I guess it's all about looking pretty when you do it!
If that offensive lineman can snatch hold of you and keep you within his framework, that's fair game. Quality of there offensive line is up there - full of 1st round picks
Up to the defensive lineman to punch him as hard as he can in the chest and have some violent hands to stop him from grabbing hold of your jersey and trying to control you.
Ref's fairly good at calling holding

Just because we spent a 1st on the defensive line doesn't mean we don't need another even meaner and bigger.
Going to take Wilkins some time to get up to the level some of these guy's are at, contrary to popular belief it takes a DT 3 or 4 years to play at the level some of theses guy's are at, even with the talent Wilkins has.

If that offensive lineman can snatch hold of you and keep you within his framework, that's fair game. Quality of there offensive line is up there - full of 1st round picks
Up to the defensive lineman to punch him as hard as he can in the chest and have some violent hands to stop him from grabbing hold of your jersey and trying to control you.
Ref's fairly good at calling holding

I agree they have a lot of assets up front -- but what you're describing (which I assume is per the definition
of "holding") is actually HOLDING! To grab is to hold! I hate it on all fronts but especially because it makes
OL holding as a violation entirely subjective -- and that's my core point -- certain teams receive very
"liberal" interpretations of the rules...

IMO holding at any level should be a penalty.

He can grab your jersey if he can he just can't hold on if you escape his framework, that's not holding

Grasp the defensive lineman's jersey with your hands so you can steer him to one side or the other when attempting to open a hole. The rules allow the offensive lineman to use his hands during the blocking process as long as he is grasping the front of the opponent's jersey and not the sides or the back. It's much easier to push the defensive lineman in one direction when you grab ahold of him.

Lol linemen grabbing within their framework is still holding. However, more rarely called. There were several holding penalties not called on Dallas. The plays were highlighted, slowed down and dissected on tv as missed calls. It was obvious to everyone except the refs.

Wait a minute now....when did we have a decent defense? We ranked 27th last year and 32nd this year. The last time we had a decent defense was 2016 if you consider having the 18th ranked defense to be decent.
Yeah I seem to recall getting gashed for 500 yards and always losing the TOP the last couple years. Only difference is this years players are a lot less expensive.

When you can't run the ball and can't stop the run you aren't going to win many games. The Dolphins were outgained on the ground 236 to 72 today. This team doesn't really do anything well .Outscored 133-16 in their first 3 games this season. Outscored 68-0 in the 2nd half of those games. Only positive is the last two games they have kept the score close in the 1st half. Also the loss differential has shrunk each game: 49 in game one, 43 in game two and only 25 in game three. Looks like some progress even though the team is still getting crushed. The tank may see a threat next Sunday with chicken bone in the throat Phil and his nerf Bolts coming to town. Do the Dolphins lose again by double digits or does Phil and his overhyped gang let another game slip away.

Rosen looks promising.

Defense is unacceptable.

Zero tackling.

Don't understand what the organization was doing during the long offseason.

Understand that we're rebuilding, but do not accept that we had to go from a decent defense to a team full of players who don't tackle.

This means bad coaching, and with bad coaching, there's no hope.

I know what you mean, and it bothers me also the way the Defense is playing, but Miami got rid of old or expensive players that unfortunately had to go, hopefully as the year goes, Miami's D gets better...after all, they did start the season against three offenses that are scoring pretty high right now.

Lol linemen grabbing within their framework is still holding. However, more rarely called. There were several holding penalties not called on Dallas. The plays were highlighted, slowed down and dissected on tv as missed calls. It was obvious to everyone except the refs.

Can offensive lineman grab Jersey?
The rules allow the offensive lineman to use his hands during the blocking process as long as he is grasping the front of the opponent's jersey and not the sides or the back. It's much easier to push the defensive lineman in one direction when you grab ahold of him.

I'm not in the habit of making stuff up!!!!!

Can offensive lineman grab Jersey?
The rules allow the offensive lineman to use his hands during the blocking process as long as he is grasping the front of the opponent's jersey and not the sides or the back. It's much easier to push the defensive lineman in one direction when you grab ahold of him.

I'm not in the habit of making stuff up!!!!!
You're quoting a technique article. Yes, all NFL teams teach inside grasping. It is the #1 technique. However, it's still holding. It's not called as much because it has been deemed too difficult for an offical to see in real time. Also, if the D player turns his body, it's an automatic holding call. Now, with Dallas today. On Tv. They replayed the play, stopped it, highlighted the inside hold and stated it was a missed call. On tv. For everyone to see.

Back
Top Bottom