UNC OT Brennan Williams | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC OT Brennan Williams

Geforce

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
According to Tony Pauline, the Dolphins showed heavy interest in Brennan Williams at UNC's Pro Day.
https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/316711736008929281

Williams apparently showed well at his pro day.
Talented offensive tackle Brennan Williams took advantage of the opportunity to demonstrate his athleticism. The 6-5 1/2, 311-pound Williams entered the year as one of the more intriguing right tackle prospects in the country but missed the final four games of his senior season with a torn labrum.

Recovery from the subsequent surgery kept Williams from lifting Wednesday, but he ran the 40-yard dash in 5.20-seconds and recorded a 28.5-inch vertical and a 8-foot, 5-inch broad jump. With only 22 career starts, Williams is unpolished, but he shows intriguing athletic upside on tape and could wind up developing into a better player in the NFL than he was in college. Considering that ACC coaches recognized him with honorable mention accolades despite the fact that he missed a third of the season, that's saying something.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...onmakers-flock-to-chapel-hill-for-unc-workout

I saw a mock draft earlier during the season, with Williams being mocked to Miami at end of round #2. Didn't know he was injured. Could be worth a look in the middle rounds of the draft. With two 5th round picks, Miami could take look there.

He's a good looking prospect who was probably on his way to being a 2nd round pick before he got hurt. They had to move Travis Bond over from RG to Williams spot after his injury. Just looks exceptionally proportioned and athletic on tape. I have him as my #13 rated pure tackle prospect with a 5th round tag. He'd be significantly higher if not for the injury that ended his season. He also had arthroscopic surgery on knee at the end of spring practice last year.

I think he has a high probability of being a target for Miami at the beginning of the 3rd day, possibly earlier.

I like Williams a lot. However, I still think it is chancy putting Martin at LT and an athletic yet unpolished rookie in Williams on the other side. Bad lines derail a season really fast.

Back
Top Bottom