Undefeated Season? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undefeated Season?

Originally posted by Tatonka
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

good one.

:sleep:

seriously.. dont you guys get tired of reading the same post everyday?

"this defense has no holes"
"Perfect team?"
"undefeated season"
"i think i have figured it out (dont get mad at me)"

just murge them all into one big pile... everyone has got the point..

do the dolphins have a chance to go undefeated? sure. just like a lot of other teams.. not just this year.. but EVERY YEAR since 72.. and no one has done it since.. there is a reason for that.. the team you had in 72 was very very special.. and the accomplished the unimaginable..

your season could easily be OVER.. with one injury to Ricky williams.. or one injury to jason taylor.. or zack thomas. .or one of your CBs.. their are so many variables..

imho.. all you do by talking about undefeated this.. undefeated that.. is jinx the team.. maybe you dont believe in superstitions.. fine then..

but the bottom is

that is why they play the games.. when is the last time you guys swept EVERYONE in the division? hmm.. 72?

the likelyhood of it happening are slim to none.. and thats the facts jack..

if anyone cares to put money on it.. pm me.

While I seriously disagree with the notion of this team being "one injury away" from having its season collapse, I'd have to say the rest of this post is pretty much the best one on this thread, (especially the part about us "reading the same post every day," it gets old after a while) and that's sad because it came from a Buffalo fan.

Come on people, let's stop having pipe dreams and start getting real here: undefeated is not a plausible reality in today's NFL...sorry to burst your bubbles. :shakeno:

Originally posted by Expo88

While I seriously disagree with the notion of this team being "one injury away" from having its season collapse, I'd have to say the rest of this post is pretty much the best one on this thread, (especially the part about us "reading the same post every day," it gets old after a while) and that's sad because it came from a Buffalo fan.

Come on people, let's stop having pipe dreams and start getting real here: undefeated is not a plausible reality in today's NFL...sorry to burst your bubbles. :shakeno:

expo.. i am not singling out the fish..

if any team loses their main horse.. on offense or defense.. man.. the ripples can torch a team..

the bills would have won a superbowl had rob johnson not gone down a fews years ago.. :lol:

seriously, if buffalo lost bledsoe, or the jets lost pennington, or indy lost manning.. or san diego lost LT, or cincy lost.. well.. nevermind..

you saw what happened to your team last year when you lost a QB that everyone complains about..

it is very true.. your team, just like anyone elses could be one injury away from setting up tee times.

Can Miami go undefeated? Sure its possible, but not likely. The biggest hurdle is that any team that makes it to 7 - 0 or 8 - 0 starts feeling the media pressure. When Miami did it in '72 I don't think anyone outside of S. FL noticed until they were @ 12 - 0. Even then they weren't highly regarded. I think they were underdogs in every playoff game. I know they were an underdog in the Superbowl.

Originally posted by Tatonka

seriously, if buffalo lost bledsoe, or the jets lost pennington, or indy lost manning.. or san diego lost LT, or cincy lost.. well.. nevermind..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by rafael
Can Miami go undefeated? Sure its possible, but not likely. The biggest hurdle is that any team that makes it to 7 - 0 or 8 - 0 starts feeling the media pressure.

that is SO TRUE.. and that is one aspect of it that i totally overlooked.. but now that it think about it.. yeah.. they start to really hype that crap on primetime, ect..

Honestly, weren't there predictions and speculations about an undefeated Dolphins season last year at this time? Maybe it's because the Dolphins were the one team to ever to do it. I don't begrudge you the good feelings that must still bring, but let's get real folks.

It will take a wild fluke for any team ever to do it again. The odds work like this. Flip a coin sixteen times and each time you flip it it has a 50/50 chance of coming up heads. However the odds overall against getting 16 heads in 16 tries are astronomical. That's not even counting the number that has to fall correctly to equal the playoffs too. The quality of the team (players, coaching staff etc.) injects an element that may shift the odds one way or another, but the Dolphins are not going to be such a dominant team that they can have a huge effect on those odds. Do yourselves a favor and confine your futuring to specific rivalries if you want, or to the issue of whether or not the Dolphins will make the playoffs. This talk of going undefeated does not make you look particularly savvy.

hey tiger..

how funny would it be to see them go 16-0, then lose in the first round? roflmao

This is ridiculous homerism. I can't believe that as a Phins fan you believe "this is the year" for Miami. EVERY YEAR we say this, EVERY YEAR we get our hearts broken.

No expectations or predictions this year from me. GO DOLPHINS!

Hi, Tatonka,

"how funny would it be to see them go 16-0, then lose in the first round? "
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom