Undefeated? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Undefeated?

B.Sebo

Certified HogPhin Trainer
Reaction score
If you are honest with yourself, then you have probably thought of the oddities surrounding this season, such as: it is the 20th anniversary of the undefeated team:D, and of the prospects of a possible undefeated season. Now before you all go off and give this post its blessings I will tell you that as much as I would love for this to happen, I do not think it will because the blame schedule makers will probabily put the Green Bay game in December and on MNF, not a good combination. Other than that I see all the games being winnable, of coarse there will be the occasional bump in the road and we will likely loose to the Jets at least once:fire: :cry: . So my standards are high and I have a twitch in my bones that's reaching out for football season. So give me your thoughts on the prospect of being undefeated and your record idea (include who you think will beat us).

excuse me, I have defiled the sacred history that is the Miami Dolphins

Originally posted by ArkansasDolfan2
excuse me, I have defiled the sacred history that is the Miami Dolphins
Now you must be flogged 30 TIMES by the cheerleader of your choice on the fifty yard line at halftime of the first nationally televised home game. :D

Some people might see this as not so bad.....:lol:

with that schedule..

ricky's gonna get a work out! the only 'gimmies' are the Jills, the Lions and maybe the recently dimantled Ravens. Our Phins have got there work cut ou for them! SB champs twice, three more playoff teams, and the hated jets and always dangerous Colts twice.:eek:

I thank you are overestimating a lot of teams, i happen to believe that this schedule is much easier than last years!!!

Re: with that schedule..

Originally posted by burghPhinFan
ricky's gonna get a work out! the only 'gimmies' are the Jills, the Lions and maybe the recently dimantled Ravens. Our Phins have got there work cut ou for them! SB champs twice, three more playoff teams, and the hated jets and always dangerous Colts twice.:eek:

Colts twice? They're in the AFC South now, we only face them once.

i like the way you think, burghfan...but keep in mind, we needed a miracle 4th quarter finish to beat buffalo last year. anything can happen, and any team can beat any other team in this league. pittsburgh(13-3) was beaten by cincy last year

Originally posted by Frank-n-Furter
Now you must be flogged 30 TIMES by the cheerleader of your choice on the fifty yard line at halftime of the first nationally televised home game. :D

Some people might see this as not so bad.....:lol:

Now as the true exhibitionist I am I would love that...a wild time in front of 78,000 and a national television audience....exhibitionist heart what more could you ask for...

:D

I am not sure about this and don't feel like looking it up, but did we go to the super 20 years ago as well? Wasn't the '82-'83 team that lost to the redskins?

Dajesus............

Originally posted by Dajesus
I am not sure about this and don't feel like looking it up, but did we go to the super 20 years ago as well? Wasn't the '82-'83 team that lost to the redskins?

Yes, unfortuanately in the 1982 season, we lost to the deadskins 27-17(it was the '83 SB in the rose bowl).

And in '92 we lost the afc championship game to Buffalo right? So in the 3 decades that Miami has played in a year ending in 2 they have been to 2 SBs and one 3 afc championhip games. Man i hope history repeats it self.

Originally posted by ArkansasDolfan2
If you are honest with yourself, then you have probably thought of the oddities surrounding this season, such as: it is the 20th anniversary of the undefeated team:D, and of the prospects of a possible undefeated season. Now before you all go off and give this post its blessings I will tell you that as much as I would love for this to happen, I do not think it will because the blame schedule makers will probabily put the Green Bay game in December and on MNF, not a good combination. Other than that I see all the games being winnable, of coarse there will be the occasional bump in the road and we will likely loose to the Jets at least once:fire: :cry: . So my standards are high and I have a twitch in my bones that's reaching out for football season. So give me your thoughts on the prospect of being undefeated and your record idea (include who you think will beat us).

I like your optimism but I just don't think it's going to happen. As far as the Monday night game in GB I actually think that would be the best time for Miami to play them considering Miami is the winningest team in MNF history. Hopefully some of that MNF magic would pull the 'Fins through any Lambeau magic. If not, it's only one loss...maybe the only one. :D

Back
Top Bottom