Under-the-Radar Free Agents | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Under-the-Radar Free Agents

not sure if under the radar ,but anthony harris [safety] vikings
chris thompson [running back] redskins, george fant [guard/tackle] seahawks
mike pennel [def tackle/end] chiefs, quinton jefferson seahawks
kamalei correa [olb]titans
kendall fuller [cb] chiefs

all could do a job for dolphins

I say under the radar because I think he'll perform better here than people will expect... Vernon Hargraves. I think he could be a solid vet corner opposite Howard or as depth if Miami opts to draft a starting corner early. Hargraves is still fairly young and not bad in man coverage. I've also been on record as saying if Miami opts to not draft a receiver, I would bring in Antonio Callaway for a look. He's had his share of issues during his brief career, but think he's work a look on a cheap deal as a young speed reciever with some return skills too. If he gets his act together he could be a nice cheap find for depth at the position. I think he'll have to sit out the first 2 or 4 games of the season due to suspension, but with Miami's depth at that spot that's no big deal.

Last edited:
Is he a stand up player? Isn't he a 4-3 DE?

I think he could do a little of both and be a good fit in this scheme as a strong side edge option.

but he might still command $12 mil per. This guy can get to the qb. He might also be close to the 30 age line.

Reader carried that texans run d. He’s a plugger damn good vs the run but he might cost you top 5 nose money.

Correa would interest me as a strong side base stand up edge. But he’s not a plus sub player so in terms of beating tackles.

i kinda have that already in biegel. The base strong side guy. High motor high effort limited pass rush upside and win

Calloway can play he just can’t keep his nose clean. Don’t see miami investing in that unless it was like vet minimum stuff

I am with most on DJ Reader, if we want to improve both the pass rush and run stoppage Miami needs a big block eating power NT. He is definitely that, might be worth the money but Not sure if he totally breaks the bank but in a few days we will find out.

others I see as 2nd tier guys who could be available....

Mackensie Alexander - good slot CB and even if Miami drafts one the current guys on the roster are more outside guys, while Miami has McCain he is not durable and having more depth will be helpful

Damarious Randall - CB who moved to FS/SS and has had success, versatility to move around the defense which I feel is Flo's desire. Not Simmons of Harris but could be a solid guy. Could allow us to cut Reshad and save the money it would take to sign him

Jimmie Ward - Another combo CB/S, riding high after the 49ers run but with the depth of DBs on the market means he could be a bargain.

Last edited:
Apple and Hunt look good. I think Character issues become less of a problem with Flores. We could add two potential pro bowlers for not much money.

I wouldn't mind a visit from Trae Waynes, though maybe too expensive with Howard on the roster to have two high priced CB's.

Everson Griffen? I'm not sure he should have opted out with his background.....

The report said he had been “explosive, screaming, and yelling” at the team facility and that, in recent weeks, he had been “increasingly paranoid and feared someone was trying to kill him” before an incident at Hotel Ivy on Saturday.

police responded to a call Saturday from the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis after a man was threatening to assault hotel staff.

A second police incident report also said Griffen attempted to break in to the home of teammate Trae Waynes, and told police that “God made me do it.” Waynes, however, disputed that part of the report.

“Tiffany (wife) said that Everson has not been acting normal lately. She stated that last Sunday on 09-16-18 they were sleeping and in the middle of the night he got up and left. Tiffany said that he does this from time to time as he is fighting with ‘demons’ in his head and that it’s normal for him to run away and has done this throughout his life.”

When he was being transported to the hospital, Griffen reportedly jumped out of the ambulance because he “was in fear someone was going to shoot him.”

Griffen was arrested twice in three days in Los Angeles during the offseason after his rookie year.

Everson Griffen? I'm not sure he should have opted out with his background.....

The report said he had been “explosive, screaming, and yelling” at the team facility and that, in recent weeks, he had been “increasingly paranoid and feared someone was trying to kill him” before an incident at Hotel Ivy on Saturday.

police responded to a call Saturday from the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis after a man was threatening to assault hotel staff.

A second police incident report also said Griffen attempted to break in to the home of teammate Trae Waynes, and told police that “God made me do it.” Waynes, however, disputed that part of the report.

“Tiffany (wife) said that Everson has not been acting normal lately. She stated that last Sunday on 09-16-18 they were sleeping and in the middle of the night he got up and left. Tiffany said that he does this from time to time as he is fighting with ‘demons’ in his head and that it’s normal for him to run away and has done this throughout his life.”

When he was being transported to the hospital, Griffen reportedly jumped out of the ambulance because he “was in fear someone was going to shoot him.”

Griffen was arrested twice in three days in Los Angeles during the offseason after his rookie year.

Sounds just like him. Strange bird

Back
Top Bottom