Under-the-Radar Free Agents | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Under-the-Radar Free Agents

Joe Looney C/G

Started for Travis Frederick in 2018. His play is good enough as a starter. Had issue with line callouts as a center but can play either guard or center at a decent level.

Joe Looney C/G

Started for Travis Frederick in 2018. His play is good enough as a starter. Had issue with line callouts as a center but can play either guard or center at a decent level.
Good call.

Everson Griffen? I'm not sure he should have opted out with his background.....

The report said he had been “explosive, screaming, and yelling” at the team facility and that, in recent weeks, he had been “increasingly paranoid and feared someone was trying to kill him” before an incident at Hotel Ivy on Saturday.

police responded to a call Saturday from the Hotel Ivy in Minneapolis after a man was threatening to assault hotel staff.

A second police incident report also said Griffen attempted to break in to the home of teammate Trae Waynes, and told police that “God made me do it.” Waynes, however, disputed that part of the report.

“Tiffany (wife) said that Everson has not been acting normal lately. She stated that last Sunday on 09-16-18 they were sleeping and in the middle of the night he got up and left. Tiffany said that he does this from time to time as he is fighting with ‘demons’ in his head and that it’s normal for him to run away and has done this throughout his life.”

When he was being transported to the hospital, Griffen reportedly jumped out of the ambulance because he “was in fear someone was going to shoot him.”

Griffen was arrested twice in three days in Los Angeles during the offseason after his rookie year.
Dude might want to get a CT scan done to make sure he hasn’t suffered some sort of head trauma. And possibly seek help and retire.

I'd stay away from Griffith. Not worth the potential headache. This guy has Demetrius Underwood kinda vibes. No thanks.

I doubt either shakes free, but Byron Jones and Justin Simmons would be my dream signings on D.

if Jones isn’t re signed I bet tons of teams would be interested..

Some other names mentioned, pass on Eli Apple, maybe on Hunt..

Prince Amukamara was released today also but I think maybe he is about done.

I bet jones cost top 5 money

Miami should go bargain shopping on d

I actually agree, but if Miami were to spend big on anyone, those would be my picks - rather than DE or OLB. Though, Bud Dupree, another guy who get tagged or extended, would be the ideal OLB in this D. Even so, they probably don't put premium investments into DE or OLB, given the nature of the D.

I doubt either shakes free, but Byron Jones and Justin Simmons would be my dream signings on D.
Byron Jones makes a very good target. Jerry Jones is focused on trying to sign Dak Prescott and Amari Cooper and both will be extremely expensive. The Dak Prescott negotiation will be protracted with threats of applying the franchise tag. We have the cash in our back pocket to make Byron Jones a top offer while Jerry plays wack-a-mole with Dak and Amari.

Byron Jones makes a lot of sense. He's the one F/A I'd spend on. He's still on the younger side and may be able to play a versatile role in the secondary. He's exactly what Miami needs to take that young group, to the next level.

I’m scared crapless of a bud Dupree bad contract. I think watt and the interior dline carries him

although I do agree he’s a good fit

I’m scared crapless of a bud Dupree bad contract. I think watt and the interior dline carries him

although I do agree he’s a good fit

I think his pass rush moves have improved a lot, working with Chuck Smith, and he's always been a super-elite athlete, but I understand the reservations.

Back
Top Bottom